This is almost like a two-for-one kind of look, because I took photos of two [drastically] different lip combinations — the first is a deeper plummy red and the second more of a bronzy nude. I wanted to try out some of the products I’ve reviewed lately, so that’s where I tried to draw inspiration from.
If there’s a review or a product photo of one of the products I used, just click the product name and link. Let me know if you like me linking to the products this way or not — if it’s not helpful, please let me know!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (true gold / copper-bronze), MAC Cranberry eyeshadow (cranberry), MAC Fig. 1 Eyeshadow (matte eggplant), MAC Rose Blanc Eyeshadow (sheer gold highlighter), L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome Eyeliner(gold), Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner (black), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Dolce & Gabbana Ruby Lipstick (pinky-red), Lancome Mercury Rising Lipgloss (shimmery red) / Dolce & Gabbana Gold Lipstick (copper-gold), Givenchy Tender Pearl Lipgloss (milky pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rose Blanc = Nylon
For eyes, start by applying MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (gold) on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (copper) on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with MAC Cranberry eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying MAC Fig. 1 eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Dolce & Gabbana Gold Eyeshadow Duo (gold) directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep MAC Rose Blanc eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Urban Decay Zero Liner on the lower waterline and L’Oreal HIP Gold Chrome Eyeliner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Chanel Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Benefit Sugarbomb to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 129.
For lips, apply Dolce & Gabbana Ruby Lipstick first, and then layer Lancome Mercury Rising Lipgloss for a bolder lip look. For a softer lip color, try Dolce & Gabbana Gold Lipstick as a base and then top with Givenchy Tender Pearl Lipgloss.
Check out more photos!