Summer Makeup with Chanel
You can’t review new products without actually testing them, right? Here’s a look I put together to test out some of the products from Chanel’s summer collection! Reviews/swatches to come 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base, Chanel Lilium Eyeshadow Quad (beige, chartreuse, blackened green, mauve-taupe), Make Up For Ever #17L Aqua Eyes (chartreuse), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Ellis Faas SkinVeil (S104), Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Chanel Bronze Corail Soleil Tan de Chanel (bronze with coral)
- Lips: Chanel Sari Dore Rouge Coco Lipstick (coral orange), Chanel Pensee Glossimer (sheer coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 184 (fan brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye with the 249. Apply the chartreuse eyeshadow to the lower half of the lid from inner to outer with the 239, just patting it on. Next, apply the mauve-taupe eyeshadow above the crease with the 222, blending outwards. With the 239, apply the blackened green eyeshadow into the crease with the 239, blending slightly downwards to cover the remaining portion of the lid and softening with the chartreuse eyeshadow. Highlight the brow bone with the beige eyeshadow with the 217. Apply 17L liner on the lower water line, and then smudge the blackened green eyeshadow against the lower lash line with the edge of the 239. Finish by sweeping lashes with Film Noir mascara.
For cheeks, apply Bronze Corail bronzer on the apples of the cheeks and sweep towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Sari Dore lipstick first, then top with Pensee glossimer for a complementing lip.