My Special Occasion Look: Red Lips
I don’t know why, but one of my go-to looks for a special occasion is red lips paired with a gold eyeshadow look. I didn’t have much time, so I only snapped a couple of photos of this look. I’m also still mad that Ore photographs so blah relative to how TA-DA it is in person. Hope you’re having a beautiful Tuesday!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Illamasqua Ore Pure Pigment (shimmering gold-bronze), Urban Decay Darkhorse Eyeshadow (dark bronze), Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow (highlighter), Make Up For Ever #10L Aqua Eyes Liner (bronze), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation (02), Guerlain Voilettes Loose Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Korres #15 Natural Blush (pink-brown)
- Lips: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque (red), Chanel Exces Extrait de Gloss (sheer red)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Ore pure pigment on the entire lower lid to cover. Then, apply Darkhorse eyeshadow into the crease and blend outwards and on outer third of the lid with the 226. Diffuse the crease color by applying Virgin eyeshadow above to highlight the brow bone with the 217. Apply #10L liner on the lower lash line and finish lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara.
For cheeks, apply #15 blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Dragon Rouge Allure Laque first, and then layer Exces Extrait de Gloss for a complementing lip.