Palm Springs, Cotton, Manila
Office, Peacock, Mouse
Factory Grey, Hassid
American Apparel: Nail Lacquer, Part 2
Make sure you check out part 1 for my full review + details on the AA packaging voluntary recall.
Again, the nail lacquer is free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde. Each bottle retails for $6 or you can purchase a three-pack for $15. They’re currently sold exclusively in American Apparel store locations and online at americanapparel.com (expect them to be back online in a week or two).
The formula is long-wearing, easy to use, and richly pigment. All the characteristics I look for in my nail polish!
- Palm Springs is a soft peach cream. This one reminded me of a lightly more muted China Glaze Peachy Keen.
- Cotton is a slightly yellowed white. I found this to be the worst of the fourteen shades — it was a little runny and it would take at least three solid coats to go opaque. It’s not super difficult to work with, but it wasn’t stellar like the rest.
- Manila is a bright goldenrod yellow. It’s not quite traffic-stopping yellow, but it’s not totally goldenrod either. Two coats was good on this one.
- Office is a pale minty green Cream. I actually really liked this shade a lot, definitely a favorite out of the bunch. I found two coats was perfect for this shade.
- Peacock is a dusty medium-deep blue. It’s kind of like a muted ocean blue, because it’s not ultra vibrant, but it still has plenty of color in two coats.
- Mouse is a taupe-gray cream. It reminded me of Chanel’s Particuliere and OPI You Don’t Know Jacques.
- Factory Grey is a purple-toned gray cream. It was opaque in just two coats.
- Hassid is a rich, inky black. Super black. This looks so stunning with an ultra glossy top coat on it, too. Opaque in two coats, like the majority of these shades.
Out of the shades I tried, my favorites were Berry, Hassid, Mouse, Office, Palm Springs, and Peacock. My top three would be Hassid, Office, and Peacock.
Which are your favorites? Any you gotta have?
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love cream finish polishes, you may find American Apparel polishes a nice surprise!