Melted Clover II
Too Faced Melted Clover II Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick ($21.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a bright, light-medium pink-coral with warm unde3rtones and a flat, matte finish. It had opaque color payoff in a single layer, which spread evenly and smoothly across my lips for even application. The consistency was thinner but not watery, which made it easy to maneuver the color along the edges of my lips. It dried down within 30 seconds with a transfer-resistant finish that was a touch tacky (but didn’t lift up color) for a half hour or so. The product did pull away at some of my deeper lip lines when I smiled broadly and looked “cracked.” It worew well for six and a half hours and was slightly drying.
- Bobbi Brown Bitten Peach (P, $37.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Walk This Way (P, $26.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Donut (P, $6.50) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC The Fashion Flock (LE, $18.50) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Excitemint (LE, $18.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Hoop (DC, $18.50) is lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- NARS Call Me (P, $26.00) is darker (85% similar).
- NARS Rouge Palatin (LE, $27.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Paparazzi (P, $7.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Kat Von D Beloved (P, $20.00) is darker, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$21.00/0.23 oz. - $91.30 Per Ounce
Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick ($21.00 for 0.23 fl. oz.) is supposed to apply l ike a gloss but dry to “an ultra-matte, opaque finish” that is “never dry, shriveled, or cracked” that should “last for hours.” Most of the shades are unforgiving once they dry down and emphasize lip lines, look “cracked” if you smile, though they feel lighter-weight than they look. It’s one of the more unflattering liquid lipsticks I have tried as many shades highlighted lip lines, and while the lipstick itself wasn’t extremely clingy, there was a dryness present there that, at times, made my lips tingle/ache. For me, the wear was between four and six hours, as a lot of the shades faded unevenly and were faster to breakdown than the average liquid lipstick. The formula is thin, more water-like (reminded me of ColourPop’s formula but sometimes thinner) with a fairly quick dry-down time.
Browse all of our Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick swatches.