MAC Nyma Tang Lipstick ($18.50 for 0.10 oz.) is a medium-dark red with a cool, blue undertone and a satin finish. It was richly pigmented with a lightly emollient consistency that was thin without being clingy, so it glided easily across my lips but adhered well for long-wear and did not feather or bleed on me over time. The lipstick stayed on well for over six hours, left a faint stain behind, and was lightly hydrating.
- Chanel Rouge Charnel (56) (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Betty Boop Red (LE, $19.50) is less shimmery, brighter, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Frenesi (LE, $19.50) is more muted (95% similar).
- MAC Ruby Woo (Matte) (LE, $19.50) is brighter (95% similar).
- Hourglass My Icon Is (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Stellar Beauty Super Sonic 04 (P, $22.00) is glossier (95% similar).
- Chanel No. 03 (LE, $37.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Blood Flower (P, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Screen Siren (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Hi Striker (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$19.50/0.10 oz. - $195.00 Per Ounce
MAC Lipstick comes in a variety of finishes, and the pigmentation and wear tend to be dependent on the finish. The sheer finishes, like Lustres, tend to wear for only a couple of hours and have sheer coverage (as designed) and are non-drying. Some of the original Matte shades have a stiffer, drier formula, while newer ones have a more velvety, silicone-feel to them, and the latter are creamier, more comfortable to wear, and easier to apply, but most Matte shades are quite pigmented and long-wearing, though some are drying. The Amplified and Satin finishes tend to have good pigmentation, lightly creamy to moderately creamy consistencies with a bit of shine, and moderate to long wear with deeper, richer shades wearing longer. The Frost and Metallic finishes have the most variance between shades with coverage ranging from semi-sheer to opaque with average wear and non-drying to slightly drying formulas. All MAC lipsticks are vanilla-scented but have no discernible taste.
Browse all of our MAC Lipstick swatches.