About this Look
I saw the turquoise eyeliner look on Emily Ratajkowski attending Met Gala and it clicked with me. Why not trying to achieve the same eye look, but with a cobalt blue liner than has been screaming “wear me!” from the bottom of my eyeliner drawer, I was thinking. I ended up using similar colors to create an everyday appropriate look. Since I’ve been posting a lot about affordable makeup, I decided to include some of my favorite high-end products into this makeup tutorial.
- For eye makeup, I decided to use mineral eye shadows by Clare Blanc in the shades Coral Rose and Royal Burgundy. First, I applied a rose shade onto my crease and spent good few minutes blending the eyeshadow to create a luminous transition. Then, I followed with a burgundy shade to emphasize the outer corner of the eye. Finally, I took a bigger blending brush to mix two shades together.
- To create cut crease, I decided to use an eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden by Urban Decay. Using a brush that comes with a primer, I created a line on my crease and filled in this shape moving towards eyelashes.
- To make the cut crease even more standout, I filled in the area that I prepped in the step before with Clare Blanc Luminizing Mineral Powder. I used a small flat brush to ensure that I do not move outside of the cut crease line created with the primer.
- For eyeliner, I used a gorgeous cobalt blue liquid liner by Elizabeth Arden. I guess you’ll agree based on these photos that the pigmentation of this product is amazing. I have to add that the product features a brush that is super easy to work with.
- For lashes, I used Smith & Cult Lash Dance Mascara which is perfect if you are looking to create a voluminous lash effect.
- To emphasize the cobalt blue eyeliner even more, I decided to put on false lashes by Ardel.