Yves Saint Laurent | White Gold Celebration Palette ($67.00)
“What could be more wonderful for a woman than to wear a symbol of passion around her neck in the guise of a heart?” asked Yves Saint Laurent. An icon of his illustrious Couture house from the very first collection, a precious, asymmetrical pendant ornamented with rubies and diamonds became his good luck charm. At the presentation of each of his Couture collections, the heart always adorned his favorite model. On greeting cards, it expressed his fondness for people. As the ultimate tribute to this special symbol of love, the heart weaves its way through an elegant, festive make-up collection. Bearing the matte Cassandra and dressed in shiny silver, the entire collection celebrates love with dazzling refinement.
COMPLEXION | The Tender Rose blush adds a joyous hue to cheekbones. The Starry Rose highlighter sprinkles a festive radiance on the upper cheeks, beneath the eyebrows and on the middle of the lips.
- Tender Rose blush is the adorable heart-shaped pink on the right of the palette. It’s a lovely universal shade of medium pink that I think most women would love. It’s a satiny texture, easy to apply, and gorgeous all around.
- Starry Rose highlighter is the white-pink rectangle with “Yves Saint Laurent” emblazoned into it. It’s a great shimmery light pink shade that goes well on cheekbones.
EYES | The extremely soft, glide-on eye shadow unfurls a ribbon of color on the eyelids. With an optical smoothing effect, the Heavenly Beige, Magic Copper and Moonlit Burgundy shades emit exceptional radiance.
- Heavenly Beige is a lovely incredibly light tarnished gold color, it’s a nice all over lid color for a quick wash of color.
- Magic Copper is my favorite shade out of the three, because it’s a rich bronzy gold color.
- Moonlit Burgundy is a deep raspberry crimson color that goes on easily and would make a great crease or outer lid color.
LIPS | A mini palette of ROUGE PURE SHINE gives the lips renewed definition and volume while providing long-lasting comfort. It is offered in three luminous shades: Pure Garnet, Natural Beige and Bohemia Rose. Rich and creamy Simply Gold gloss can be applied alone or over one of the ROUGE PURE SHINE shades to intensify the shine with shimmering, sparkling gold reflections.
- Simply Gold gloss is a rich bright gold that goes on quite sheerly despite it looking so pigmented in the palette.
- Pure Garnet is a bold, vampy red–very holiday and dramatic.
- Natural Beige is a sheer beige lip color that goes on easily, but it doesn’t give you much color. It’s ideal for smoky eye looks.
- Bohemia Rose is a warm-toned medium pink with lots of gold undertones. I think it’s my favorite out of the three, because it’s so flattering on lips.
Find this holiday palette, along with several other YSL holiday offerings, at www.yslbeautyus.com.