What color eyeshadow should I wear with my eye color?
One of my most frequently asked questions in makeup is: what color eyeshadow will suit my ______ colored eyes?
Generally speaking, both artists and makeup artists are knowledgeable about the color wheel, which displays several colors in a circle. Complimentary colors are opposite of each other; for example, red’s complimentary color is green.
Typically, the following is advised:
- Green eyes: Purples, pinks, and reds
- Blue eyes: Oranges, coppers, golds
- Hazel eyes: Warm tones, bronzes, greens
- Brown eyes: Browns, bronzes, greens
- Gray eyes: Grays, cool tones, brown
Do you agree? Do you find that the colors that make your eyes “pop” are complimentary? I have hazel eyes, and in that respect, both greens and bronzy colors do work well; depending on the hue, it will either bring out the green or the brown/gold flecks in my eyes.