Welcome Temptalia’s Teen Beauty Contributors!
Welcome Temptalia’s Teen Beauty Contributors!
We have three talented young women who will be sharing their favorite products for school, budget-friendly items, and how to deal with several teenage beauty concerns! I look forward to sharing their contributions in November!
Makeup Morsels, 17, California | Makeup Morsels is a pseuodnym, and if that seems a little bulky, just call her MM! She resides in California and on her last year of high school. She has black hair, brown eyes, and pale skin (think NC15), and often has people tell her she looks like a corpse! She’s guilty of having a slight obsession for both sunscreen and lipstick (both of which she says she needs to stop hoarding). You’ll typically find her stalking drugstore aisles for bargains or lurking around high-end makeup counters to window shop. MM also enjoys cooking (and eating), food photography, reading, and exploring the world of makeup. Check out her blog, Makeup Morsels!
Madeline, 17, California | Madeline is 17-years old and currently attends high school in southern California. She’s also lived in D.C. and a Connecticut suburb of NYC. She loves to read, write, as well as shop, travel, play golf, and spend time with her family and friends. She’s excited to go to college and hopes to attend university on the east coast. Despite living in California now, she feels like a New Yorker! Check out her blog, This Little Preppy Goes West!
Sam, 14, Georgia | Sam is 14-years old, lives near Atlanta, Georgia with her mom and two (of three!) older brothers. She was born and raised in Georgia, but her family originally hailed from Illinois. You will find her busy meeting new people and enjoying teen soap operas/dramas (like Vampire Diaries)–and of course, she’s madly in love with all things beauty. When she’s not playing around with makeup, you’ll find her with headphones on listening to everything; from classical to rap, pop to heavy metal, and almost everything in between (though she favors rock!).
Learn a little more about our trio of teen beauties!
Q&A with Makeup Morsels
- Where did your passion for beauty come from? I think I’ve always had a passion for beauty in general, and makeup really is the ultimate expression of beauty. Around sophomore year of high school, I was looking for a new creative outlet, and I ended up discovering some beauty blogs and YouTube channels that I still follow today. The whole world of makeup was really fascinating to me from the beginning. I love so many things about it, from experimenting with trial-and-error makeup looks, to ogling the newest product releases. The funny thing is, learning about makeup actually made me feel a lot more comfortable walking out my door with a naked face* (something I like to take advantage of to get those extra 5 minutes of sleep). Eventually, I thought about starting my own beauty blog, and realized that I could combine everything I loved into one package. It was a win-win situation.
- What are five beauty products that you can’t live without? I can’t live without my Bioré UV Aqua Rich sunscreen, Therapino Lip Balm, E.L.F. Powder Brush, lipstick (yes, in general), and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
- What are your top beauty concerns? I have dry skin with an oily t-zone, oily skin around my eyes that often causes mascara to smudge, and very dry lips. My skin is also on the sensitive side, although I realize that it could be a lot worse.
- What can we find you doing in your free time? I devour books, so I’d definitely place reading at the top of my ‘hobby list.’ I also love to lug my camera around in my free time, especially to take pictures of food (coincidentally, I love to cook! And eat).
- Who makes up your family? Any pets? I’m an only child! I’ve always wanted siblings, but no brothers or sisters.
- What’s your favorite quote? I’ve never had one permanent favorite quote, but lately it’s been “My preciousss.” — Gollum, Lord of the Rings
- What’s your favorite color? Most shades of green.
- What’s in your makeup bag? Right now, I’m carrying 2 Goody Spin Pins, a Band-Aid Friction Stick, Dior Addict Lipstick in Diorkiss, lip balm, hand cream, and a mirror.
Q&A with Madeline
- Where did your passion for beauty come from? My passion for beauty ultimately came from my passion for fashion, as cliché as that sounds. Growing up in close proximity to New York City, I was exposed to such an abundance of culture, and the fashion and beauty worlds were included in that. I have always loved style, even as a young child, and as I grew older, I came to love beauty as well. I love that makeup can enhance one’s natural beauty and boost confidence!
- What are five beauty products that you can’t live without? I do hope that I never actually have to choose JUST five products, but I would have to say my ultimate favorites are: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, Topshop cream blush in crushed berry, MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow, MAC lipstick in Please Me, and OPI nail polish in Miami Beet.
- What are your top beauty concerns? My main beauty concerns are finding a way to make my makeup last all day and figuring out how to make my skin as naturally glowy as possible.
- What can we find you doing in your free time? I am currently a high school student, so I truly don’t have too much free time. However, most of my hobbies/passions are somehow involved with school anyway. I am on my school’s newspaper, and although that takes up a lot of time, I absolutely love being a part of the paper. Writing is a great passion of mine, and I plan to pursue a career in journalism. I am also on my school’s golf team. I enjoy golf, and while it isn’t my biggest passion, I am still very competitive and strive to do well. I also love to read, shop, travel, and spend time with my family and friends.
- Who makes up your family? Any pets? I live with my mom, dad, and twelve-year-old little brother. I am lucky to be very close to my family, and I am so thankful for that. I love having a little brother, and somehow it seems that we get along better than many other siblings do. I think that we just genuinely like each other. I am also close to both of my parents. My mom and I definitely bond over our love of blogs, she even has a relatively successful one (Most Lovely Things)!
- What’s your favorite quote? Without a doubt, this quote/title of a poem from Shakespeare is my favorite: “All the world’s a stage.” I think this quote is so true; no matter what you do or where you go, you should always put your best foot forward and put full effort into everything that you do.
- What’s your favorite color? I love this question because I have a very, very specific favorite color. My absolute favorite color is dark-fuchsia-berry-pink. Basically the color of Helen Ficalora jewelry boxes, which is where I got my necklace and earrings that I wear all the time.
- What’s in your makeup bag? On a day-to-day basis, I don’t typically carry makeup with me. I have a small cosmetic bag in my purse that holds random sundries, though I do include a travel-sized mascara and the lip color I am wearing that day, if I remember that is.
Q&A with Sam
- Where did your passion for beauty come from? It probably started when I was a really little girl. We have those cliché photos of me when I was three or four years old playing with my mom’s makeup. I don’t remember actually doing it, but you can clearly tell from the picture that I thought I was caught red handed! Experimentation with beauty became more consistent when I was around eleven or twelve and I had discovered a stick of eyeliner. I was God awful at applying it, but I learned with practice! And now I’m a beauty junkie and look for any excuse to do makeup.
- What are five beauty products that you can’t live without? 5) Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer. 4) Urban Decay Naked Palette. 3) My 15 Piece Professional Crown Brush Set. 2) Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy in Natural Mint. 1) Josie Maran Argan Oil.
- What are your top beauty concerns? My skin is probably my biggest “concern” at the time being. I have combination acne-prone skin that seems to develop a tolerance for whatever I throw at it! I’m still looking for those magic products that will work great and continue to work. But I try my best not to focus on what I do/don’t want. Instead I stay positive and shift my focus on what I already have and love!
- What can we find you doing in your free time? Anything and everything that has to do with music is my greatest passion. I listen to it all day, every day. I started playing guitar a little this year. Hell, I even designed my bedroom around a music theme! Other things I love to do in my free time include writing, drawing, taking photographs, and reading. If I have a creative outlet for my imagination, then I’m a pretty happy teenager.
- Who makes up your family? Any pets? I have three older brothers and one sister-in-law. I am the youngest. We have two dogs and a cat. We’ve had Carl (a pug) for nine years, I think. We’ve had
- Kacey (a miniature chihuahua) for about five. And our cat, Sassy (American Short Hair/Calico), is going to be a year old at the beginning of November.
- What’s your favorite quote? “Just believe!” — my brother, Dave
- What’s your favorite color? I’m torn between black and teal!
- What’s in your makeup bag? 3 Urban Decay Eyeshadows (Midnight Cowgirl, Lounge, S&M), 5 MAC Eyeshadows (Hocus Pocus, Jealousy Wakes, Shale, Woodwinked, Vex), 5 NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils (Milk, True Gold, Oyster, Velvet Purple, Rocky Mountain Green), Too Faced Shadow Insurance, 2 Jack Black Lip Balms (Natural Mint, Lavender/Vanilla), A Sample of Lancome Juicy Tube in Golden Rose, 4 Urban Decay Mini 24/7 Eyeliner Pencils (Zero, Whiskey, Stash, Random), Maybelline One-by-One Mascara, and Betsey Johnson Tweezerman Tweezers.