Weekend Quickies: Beauty News & Events
It’s been a busy beauty-filled week, hasn’t it?
- Bobbi Brown’s Pretty Powerful campaign kicked off this week, and she’s launched a contest where you can submit a video telling Bobbi how you get “pretty powerful”! 15 finalists will be chosen and sent a personalized section of Bobbi’s essentials to create another video. These videos will be voted on by the public, and Bobbi will be donating $1 to Dress for Success (up to $10,000). Three grand prize winners will win a trip to NYC and a personal makeup lesson from Bobbi Brown herself. I hope to see some Temptalia readers up there!
- CoverGirl’s Clean Makeup for Clean Water Campaign wants you to submit a video telling them how you give back and make the world a better place, how this makes you beautiful. For every entry submitted, CoverGirl will donate one week’s worth of water to a child in need. Entrants also have a chance to win a humanitarian trip to Africa or an opportunity to participate in a CoverGirl photoshoot. Also in CoverGirl news, you can design a custom decal for LashBlast Length mascara and win, get details.
- Lancome taps Julia Roberts as their new global ambassador. Roberts described her new role as, “It’s kind of like every girl’s dream, really.” [WWD]
- NYFW is upon us — just a few weeks away — and are you ready for Maybelline’s return as the official cosmetic sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week?
- ELF got a whole new look this week (their website, duh!) — what do you think? They’re trying to create more online buzz with various social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook.
- MAC will be looking at Europe for more growth opportunities, as Karen Buglisi, SVP, says “Our strategy is to open freestanding stores, and we are currently looking for opportunities to open more in Europe.” [WWD]
- Looking for an ultra luxe treat for your Valentine’s Day? La Mer wants you to polish and soften skin with The Body Refiner and The Body Creme.
- If you’re near Henri Bendel on 5th Ave., you can meet Ellen Sirot of Hand Perfection from January 24th through 31st from 12 to 3PM.
- Korres is having their semi-annual sale now through January 27th. Save up to 65%! Happy hauling…