Video Tutorial: Sunset Eyes with Spring Colour Forecast
For the next few days, I’m experimenting with a new format/way of doing video tutorials that still gives you some live-action footage but doesn’t add much time to my normal routine. (Sometimes I tell myself, “If I didn’t have school, that would free up like 48 hours of my week!”)
What I’m trying to do is record myself doing my makeup that I’d normally do and then just take still photos of and post on the blog–so these looks are not practiced or planned. It’s me going with the flow. I’d like to call these “Quick & Dirty” Tutorials, if you will, because that’s exactly what they are… quick, minimalist, and maybe even a little unpolished.
I’m hoping that there is still value in them–so I would love to hear your feedback. As much as I would love to do more full-on, ultra detailed video tutorials, my schedule is such that I just can’t keep up, so I am really trying to find a way to meet all of your requests the best I can.
The original look and all of the photos can be found here.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Manila Paper Eyeshadow (white-gold), MAC Straw Harvest Eyeshadow (peachy orange), MAC Hot Hot Hot Eyeshadow(coral-red), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay El Dorado 24/7 Liner (gold), Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium)
- Cheeks: MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre (peachy coral)
- Lips: MAC Bronzilla Lipstick (metallic bronze), MAC Kumquat Lipglass (sheer orange-coral)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Manila Paper = Nylon; Straw Harvest = Motif; Hot Hot Hot = Rule + Red Brick; Ripe Peach = Springsheen; Bronzilla = Bronze Shimmer; Kumquat = Lychee Luxe
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Manila Paper eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Straw Harvest eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Hot Hot Hot eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Hot Hot Hot eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Straw Harvest eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying El Dorado eyeliner on the lower lash line and Zero eyeliner on the lower waterline. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Ripe Peach blush ombre to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Bronzilla lipstick first, and then layer Kumquat lipglass for a complementing lip.