Valentine’s Day Makeup: Lady Gaga Lips & Purples
Here’s a fun look using Viva Glam Gaga! 🙂 I wanted to warm up the eyes a bit, so I opted for a mix of pinks and purples with gold eyeliner (which was where I drew a lot of the warmth from), to pair it with the cooler pink from the lipstick. Happy Thursday!
Don’t forget, Spring Colour Forecast hits stores today!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Stacked 1! Pigment (light lilac), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia purple), MAC Lala Eyeshadow (fuchsia pink), MAC Very Violet Eyeshadow (violet purple), MAC Black Tulip Eyeshadow (dark purple), MAC Beautiful Iris Eyeshadow (soft purple), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay El Dorado 24/7 Liner (gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium )
- Cheeks: MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (lilac pink)
- Lips: MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick (pale blue-pink), MAC Cultureclash Lipglass (light yellow-pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Stacked 1! Pigment = Kitschmas; Lala = Fuchsia Pigment; Very Violet = Violet Pigment; Black Tulip = Nocturnelle (in this look); Femme-fi = Ricepaper; Azalea Blossom = Well Dressed; Viva Glam Gaga = Snob; Cultureclash = Nymphette (not the best dupe)
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Stacked 1! light lilac pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Lala eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Very Violet eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Black Tulip eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Beautiful Iris eyeshadow directly above the inner tear duct for iridescence. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying El Dorado eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Azalea Blossom blush ombre to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Viva Glam Gaga lipstick first, and then layer Cultureclash lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
Couldn’t resist–the roses my boyfriend got me for Valentine’s Day!