How-to: Smokey Eyes
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Electra eyeshadow (bright silver), Silver Ring (dark silver), Carbon eyeshadow (matte black), Shroom eyeshadow (highlighter), Graphblack technakohl (black), Blacktrack fluidline (black), Zoomlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Well Dressed blush (soft cool pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (pink highlighter)
- Lips: Sandy B lipstick (pinky nude), C-Thru lipglass (nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
Quick Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Electra eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Silver Ring eyeshadow to the middle of the lid, extending to the outer lid. Darken the outer lid with Carbon eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Carbon eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Smudge Silver Ring eyeshadow on the lower lash line using the 219 brush. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, Blacktrack fluidline on upper lash line, and Zoomlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Well Dressed blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Sandy B lipstick to lips, and then top with C-Thru lipglass for color and shine.
See step-by-step directions…
1. Start with a clean eye space.
2. With your 249 brush, apply a thin layer of Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid, from lash line to brow bone.
3. Make sure you apply the paint pot to your brow bone area.
4. Brush out the base color to the outer lid.
5. This is what it should look like.
6. Pick up a good amount of Electra eyeshadow with your 239 brush. Apply it to the inner half of your lid.
7. This is what it will look like.
8. Using the same 239 brush, pick up Silver Ring eyeshadow. Apply it to the outer half of the eye lid.
9. This is how it should look like.
10. With the 239 brush, pick up just a little bit of Carbon eyeshadow. Hold the brush horizontally and begin applying it to the outer third of the crease.
11. Blend it into the crease by moving side-to-side.
12. Make sure you blend it enough so that the line isn’t too visible.
13. This is what you should have.
14. Repeat the same method with more Carbon eyeshadow.
15. Blend Carbon into the crease.
16. This is what it should look like.
17. Apply Shroom eyeshadow with the 239 brush on your brow bone to highlight.
18. Brush out the highlight color so it applies evenly to the entire brow bone.
19. This is what it should look like.
20. Gently apply a dusting of Silver Ring eyeshadow to the lower portion of the crease, just to add more dimension.
21. This is what you should have.
22. Apply intense black liner on your lower lash line if desired.
23. Use a firm smudging brush or a pointed pencil brush (like the 219) to smudge the black liner with Silver Ring eyeshadow.
24. This is how it should look.
25. With the 266 brush, pick up Blacktrack fluidline. Begin applying it to the inner portion of your upper lash line.
26. In either quick, short strokes or one fluid stroke, move the brush towards the outer upper lash line.
27. Take the 266 brush and create a diagonal line on your outer lid for the “wing” of the liner. You want it to be a continuation of your lower lash line, extending towards the end of your brow. (It’s like you were drawing a line to connect the two, but you don’t actually do so.)
28. This is how it would look. (Albeit, mine is not quite perfect here.)
29. From the tip of the winged line, draw a curved line back to the middle of the lid — it should look something like the above image.
30. Fill it in with Blacktrack fluidline.
31. This is how it should look like. Add mascara and/or false lashes as desired to finish the eye.