Note: This tutorial is a little late, considering it was made in October 2007. With that said, I want to recommend some substitutions if you didn’t pick up this palette! For Medallion, try Pink Venus (from Fafi as well as a permanent color); for Trophy Pink, try Post Haste or Passionate; for Modern Heir, try Hepcat or Plum Dressing. Also, I would recommend using a different highlighting color – more neutral, less frosty – as I designed the tutorial to only use the palette colors!
This tutorial is designed to show you step-by-step how to create a look using MAC’s Royal Assets Cool Eyes palette. Feel free to ask questions!
You will need: Water-based Mixing Medium (glycerin based liquid adhesive), Your Ladyship pigment (frosty white with yellow undertones), Medallion eyeshadow (frosty pale pink), Trophy Pink eyeshadow (bright cool pink), Modern Heir eyeshadow (shimmery purple), and Graphblack technakohl (black liner). For complimenting cheeks and lips: Don’t Be Shy blush (cool pink) and Micro Pink beauty powder (cool pink); Culture Class lipstick (frosty coral-pink) with Contessa lipglass (frosty purple-pink).
Brushes: 239, 239, 249
Get the step-by-step instructions with photos…
This is what you need.
1. Start with a clean eye-space; if you fill-in your brows, you’re welcome to do them now [or later].
2. Use one of your 239s and add one droplet of MAC’s water-based mixing medium to the brush. If there’s excess wetness, run the brush against the back of your hand to dry it off. Pick up Your Ladyship pigment from the pigment that is stuck underneath the jar cap/top and apply all over lid,
3. Pull it outwards to be able to cover your entire lid area.
4. This is what it should look like.
5. With the 239 brush, pick up a generous amount of Medallion eyeshadow and apply to whole lid.
6. Make sure to cover the entire portion of the lid.
7. With the 239, pick up Trophy Pink eyeshadow and apply it to the outer third of the ild.
8. Pull it outwards to cover the entire outer portio of the lid.
9. Make sure to deposit some of the color into the outer crease.
10. This is what you should have.
11. Apply Modern Heir eyeshadow with the 239 to the outer crease.
12. Bring your brush outwards and into the outer crease to darken it.
13. Pull the brush upwards to help blend the color out.
14. This is what it should look like now.
15. With your 239, pick up more Trophy Pink eyeshadow to darken the outer third of the lid.
16. This is what you should have.
17. Using the 239 brush, apply Medallion eyeshadow above the crease, underneath brow.
18. Pull it outwards towards your outer brow to evenly deposit the color.
19. Swish the 239 brush back and forth to help combine the highlight and the crease colors together.
20. Go back and forth in quick, gentle motions.
21. This is what you should have.