Tutorial – Metal-X, Cream Shadows as a Base, Purple and Gold Smolder Look
This tutorial is designed to show you step-by-step how to create a look using MAC’s Metal-X cream shadows Pure Ore and Plum Electric. Feel free to ask questions!
You will need: Pure Ore cream shadow (antique gold), Plum Electric cream shadow (dark purple), Rye eyeshadow (antique gold), Mi’Lady duo shadow (red/purple), Ricepaper eyeshadow (highlight). For lips, try Overrich lipstick (bright coral) with Magnetique lipglass (fuchsia-purple). For cheeks, try NARS Crazed (dark pink) with Micro Pink beauty powder (cool pale pink).
Brushes: 219, 239, 249
Substitutions: Try Patina instead of Rye eyeshadow, Coppering instead of the red portion of Mi’Lady, Parfait Amour instead of the purple portion of Mi’Lady.
Get the step-by-step instructions with photos…
These are the Metal-X shadows.
1. Start with a clean eye-space; if you fill-in your brows, you’re welcome to do them now [or later].
2. Use a stiff flat brush and apply Pure Ore metal-x cream shadow on inner half of the lid.
3. This is what it should look like.
4. Repeat the step, only using Plum Electric on the outer half of the lid.
5. Like so.
6. With the 239, pick up the purple side of the Mi’Lady eyeshadow duo and apply to the outer lid.
8. With the 239 brush, pick up the red side of the Mi’Lady eyeshadow duo and apply to the middle of the lid, layering over both the gold and purple base.
9. This is what you should have.
10. Blend the red into the colors by sweeping the brush up and down (vertically), as if you were applying more of the same color.
11. Apply Rye eyeshadow using the 239 brush to the inner third of the lid.
12. This is what it should look like now.
13. Take your 239 and apply a little more of the purple side of the Mi’Lady duo to the outer crease, and sweep back and forth.
14. Apply Ricepaper eyeshadow with the 239 brush above the crease.
15. Repeat, only apply directly underneath the brow.
16. This is what you have now.
17. Darken the crease again using the purple side of the Mi’Lady duo with the 239.
18. This is what you should have.
19. With the 239 brush, apply Pure Ore cream shadow to the lower lash line.
20. Add black eye liner to the lower lash line. Add mascara and finish!