Tutorial – Colorful Green Eyes Featuring Make Up For Ever
Tutorial: Colorful Green Eyes
Here’s a tutorial for this look! This is actually a pretty simple and straight-forward look. You’re really only using four colors, including highlighter!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral base), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery chartreuse), Make Up For Ever #91 Eyeshadow (matte bright medium green), Make Up For Ever #53 Eyeshadow (shimmery forest green), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (sheer, yellow-gold shimmer), Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 12L (deep teal-green), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte Lipstick (peachy-coral), MAC Liberated lipglass (pale gold-yellow)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #171 eyeshadow on using the 239. On the outer lid and crease, apply #91 eyeshadow with the 226. Increase intensity by packing on more of #75 eyeshadow with the 239. Darken crease with #53 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep #101 eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Smudge lower lash line with #171 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with 12L Aqua Eyes on on the lower lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply YSL Peach Passion Rouge Volupte lipstick to lips, and then top with MAC Liberated lipglass for color and shine.
Now, get the dish on how-to do this look!
1. Begin with a clean/makeup-free eye area. Make sure any moisturizer you’ve applied has been fully absorbed, otherwise it might reduce the effectiveness of your eyeshadow base/primer.
2. Apply a neutral eyeshadow base like MAC Soft Ochre paint pot with a flat, firm bristled brush like the 249. You can also use products like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
3. You’ll want your eyeshadow base to cover your eye area from lash line to brow bone.
4. With a fluffy crease brush like the 222, apply Make Up For Ever #91 eyeshadow, which is a bright candy apple green, to the outer half of the crease.
5. Swish the brush back and forth like a windshield wiper.
6. This is how the color should look like once it has been deposited and blended. You may need to go back and add more eyeshadow to get the level of intensity you desire.
7. With an eyeshadow brush like the 239, apply Make Up For Ever #171 eyeshadow, which is a chartreuse shimmer shade, all over the lower lid.
8. This is how it should look. Layer additional eyeshadow over it to even out the color or intensify it as necessary/desired.
9. Using a slightly angled fluffy brush like the 272, apply Make Up For Ever #171 eyeshadow to the inner tearduct and move the brush upwards.
10. This is how it should look now.
11. With a lightly pointed crease brush like the 226, apply Make Up For Ever #53 eyeshadow, a forest green, into the crease to darken. Make sure you’re not overlaying it over all of the candy apple green. You just want to get it on the upper half of that color layer.
12. Pull the brush outwards to blend out the color into the crease.
13. This is how it looks after you’ve added more depth to the crease.
14. With a large fluffy brush like the 275, apply your choice in highlighter (I chose Make Up For Ever #101, which is a soft gold shimmer) to your brow bone. Start on the inside and work your way outward. Add a green-teal eyeliner like Make Up For Ever 12L to the lower lash line and black mascara to finish the eye look. For blush, try matching with corals, like Make Up For Ever #5 Blush and Make Up For Ever #153 Blush. For lips, try a coral shade as well. I used YSL Peach Passion Lipstick and MAC Liberated lipglass.
Here’s the finished product…