The Best of the Best, Volume #002
This week has definitely been a better one than last–the boy is definitely on the mend (chest pains), and Magellan is limping a lot less. My weekend (which starts today–yay!) plans include mostly catching up on comments (sorry I am so behind! argh!), working on reviews, and generally all that is beauty. (So shocking!) What are you doing for the long weekend? I hope everyone has an awesome holiday weekend!
This Week’s 5 Most Popular Posts
- MAC Nail Trend F/W ’09 Collection Swatches: Though many are not a fan of MAC’s nail polish formulation, there was still enough interest piqued to at least check out the new shades!
- Stila Barbie Loves Stila Collection: talk about a great campaign! Readers agree that the collaboration is buzz-worthy, with new smudge pots and a ginormous eyeshadow palette as two of the more talked about items from the launch.
- MAC In High Def Collection – Behind the Collection: MAC provided us with details about the how and why of their to-be-released In High Def Collection, which offered some insight to readers on how the company chose the products.
- MAC Nail Trend F/W ’09 Collection: official collection information and promotional photos emerged straight from MAC HQ!
- MAC Nail Trend F/W ’09 Q&A with Jin Soon Choi: a lot of you seemed to enjoy this Q&A session between MAC and collaborator Jin Soon Choi!
This Week’s 5 Most Discussed Posts
- What makeup is in your purse right now?: Some of you are carrying makeup bags within your purses, others have products rolling around (that’s more my style!) the bottom… and others are finding lost treasure in those cavernous bags!
- What was the last beauty product you finished?: a surprising amount of you have finished beauty products fairly recently — very nice!
- The Hit List: Worst Brush Brand: seemed like Bare Escentuals may have made it to the top of the hit list in this week’s edition, but several other brands like Coastal Scents and Posh made appearances, too.
- Rant & Rave: Perfume: You loved it, you hated it, and some of you didn’t have time for it…
- Survey Says: this week’s edition was all about what you loved and hated about makeup and how you first got into it.