Temptalia’s Holiday Gift Guide 2007 — The Amazing Father
Hey, fathers can indulge themselves in a spa treatment–well, maybe not a spa treatment–but in some beautification for themselves, too. Unless your dad is like mine (hates beauty products, can’t stand any perfume-y scent, etc.), you can easily find an appropriate product or two to supplement that fancy gadget you already got for him.
Now, you can find the best gifts to give!
The Well-Dressed, High-Powered Business Man | If your father spends time dazzling clientele at fancy luncheons, doing conference calls on his way to work, and you rarely find him in anything but a well-tailored suit, then…
- Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Energizing Scrub for Men ($15.00) is an easy way to slough dead skin cells away with effective scrub particles that reenergizes the skin and gives it a more even, refreshed appearance. Added benefits include softer facial hair and less ingrown hairs.
- The Art of Shaving’s The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave($100.00) is a kit of four full-size products that wil give your father the perfect shave (and your mom is going to love you for it!).
- Tom Ford for Men Eau de Toilette Spray ($60.00) is a blend of traditional elements and modern influences. It’s such a woody, musky fragrance; I love the scent, especially on a man (though I’d wear it myself–don’t tell anyone!).
The Hard-Working, Jeans-Wearing Man | If your father puts his entire body into his work, whether he’s building a house or working as a restaurant owner, you know he appreciates relaxation and the chance to let his muscles refuel, so then…
- Anthony Logistics For Men Glycerin Cleansing Bar($8.00) is a 100% vegetable-based soap bar with botanical extracts and glycerin to help cleanse and prepare skin for a smooth shave. It’s a bit rugged, as it’s in bar form, rather than a cream or liquid.
- The Art of Shaving’s Styptic Pen ($12.00) is a shaving essential for any well-groomed man. Its antiseptic properties calm razor burn and soothe irritations, and help stop bleeding in the event of a nick or cut.
- Diesel’s Fuel for Life Homme Spray($44.50) is “an energetic potion that opens with a stimulating star anise harmony, with an aniseed scent that is sweeter than star anise itself, for an initial whiff of crispy freshness strengthened by the tanginess of pink grapefruit.” Let me just say that my boyfriend is a jeans-wearing kind of guy who doesn’t love any beauty frills, but this scent caught his nose!
The High-Tech, Know-It-All Man | If your father is always on the cutting edge of technology, never misses a review in PC Magazine, and always has an answer to your question, then…
- The Art of Shaving Fusion Chrome Collection Power Razor ($150.00) brings the traditional razor to a more high-tech level. Art of Shaving paired with Gillette to deliver this wonder of razor technology with a spotlight to give the shaver better viewing angles without parts of his face being shadowed. Five blades for an ultra-close shave to keep a burly beard away.
- Armani’s Attitude Eau de Toilette Spray ($55.00) is “a rich fragrance, intense yet smooth, enhanced by the freshness of spice and the sensuality of a lingering woody amber trail.” I think the packaging will get him; sleek, shiny, and just fun to play with.
- Kiehl’s Vital Sun Protection Lotion SPF 30 ($18.50) is a lightweight, non-greasy lotion sunscreen that’s also moisturizing. It is water-resistant with up to 80 minutes of protection in the water. It’s great for year-round sun protection, and if he knows his stuff, he knows sunscreen is vital to men as it is for women!
And Things For Every Man | If your father is anything, a mixture of a few things, or everything all rolled up into one fantastic father, then…
- GoSMILE GoALL OUT ($120.00) is the complete whitening and maintenance starter kit. Who doesn’t love whiter teeth? I think this is a universal desire to have perfect-looking teeth, and GoSMILE is a great over-the-counter alternative.
- Zwilling Stainless Steel Toenail Clipper ($19.00) is an incredibly sharp clipper meant for toes, which is right up any man’s alley. Get matching fingernail clippers for $16.00, too!
- Ralph Lauren ‘Polo Black’ Eau de Toilette Spray($49.50) “is a bold fusion of iced mango, silver armoise and patchouli noir.” It seems like a very wearable scent for most men.
Fabulous Gift Sets
- Origins for Men’s One of the Guys Set ($34.50) is all about great grooming. Get Blade Runner shave cream, Fire Fighter To Take the Burn Out of Shaving, Save the Males moisturizer, and Checks and Balances face wash.
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Man Refuelers($51.00) is a great gift set full of everything needed for the pre-shave, shave, and after-shave experience. You’ll find Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash, Ultimate Man Body Scrub Soap, Close Shavers’ Squadron Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream, Facial Fuel Energizing Moisture Treatment, Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, and Lip Balm #1 included in this great stocking stuffer.
- Anthony Logistics For Men ‘It’ Kit($50.00) includes some of their bestsellers to keep your father clean and smooth. Included are Clean with Glycolic Facial Cleanser, Smooth with Face Scrub, Sea Salt Body Scrub, After Shave Balm, Pre-Shave Oil, Shave Cream.
Find all these gift ideas and many more at Nordstrom.com.
Stay tuned for more of Temptalia’s Gift Giving Guides for this holiday season…