A week or so ago, I posted twelve items that were threatening to empty my wallet. It seems like we both had a lot of fun discussing our latest lemmings (plus, some of you killed a few for me–thanks, ladies!!). It’s great to hear about products I’m lusting after from those who have already tried them! So here are my twelve latest obsessions, and let me know if something is totally worth it (or is so totally pass worthy). Plus, share your cravings with us, too!
- Benefit’s Boo Boo Zap! Skin Corrector ($20.00) seems to work like an on-the-spot acne treatment to reduce blemishes when they appear. I’m always up to try something that claims to reduce the healing time of a pimple! Is it any better than the drugstore versions (Neutrogena’s comes to mind), which are already pricey, but still less than Benefit’s?
- Bliss Vanilla + Bergamot Body Buff ($36.00) is an item from Bliss I’m wanting right now. I’m looking to add a couple more body scrubs/buffs to my life, and I adore this scent.
- Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Color ($29.50) is just so darling to look at, and it has been catching my eye throughout the past few months. Still haven’t purchased it, though. I don’t know if I’m holding back because I won’t want to use it because of the design.
- Electroflash has me all in a tizzy, because I really don’t know what I’m going to do. I know I don’t like mineralize eyeshadows very much, and even the few I own, I never reach for. But Fresh Green Mix and Sea & Sky call to me. You can shop for your MAC needs at Macys, Nordstrom’s, and of course, MAC Cosmetics. You know me, I’ll be there first thing Thursday morning to get y’all swatches, so I’ll be resisting and hopefully not caving in then!
- MAC Dainty Mineralize Blush ($21.00) has me a bit worried. I love blush–I am a self-admitting blush addict! With MAC releasing not one, not two, but NINE brand new blushes in their mineralize form… well, it does not bode well for my wallet. I am going to try VERY hard to pick up only one or two, so I can see how they wear in practice. I have no doubt I will want all of them by swatch alone!
- Laura Mercier Eye Colour Trio in Mauve Sunset ($38.00)
Laura Mercier Eye Colour Trio compliments the mood of the fall season with colors of the sun and sky as the day unwinds and twilight sets in. Each trio contains a highlight, mid-tone and definer shade that together express the essence of the final daylight hour. Combining shimmer and matte shades, the color glides on smoothly and evenly to provide rich pigment and glamorous shine. Crease-resistant and extremely long-wearing, each shade can be used wet or dry to achieve the dusky, subtle smoke that is just right for you.
- Estee Lauder Signature Eyeshadow Quad in Caramel Truffle ($35.00) comes from Estee Lauder’s Chocolate Decadence collection for Fall (don’t you love how fall launches are available in July?). I think I mentioned that these were compelling! I actually think their caramel swirl powder and glosses look kind of fun, too. I think I will be able to resist this particular temptation, but we shall see!
- MAC Brush Roll ($45.00) is something I need desperately when I travel. My poor brushes get stuffed into my various makeup bags, and sometimes one or two make it so I can’t zip them in, so they dangle out. I’m sure that’s pretty awful for my brushes’ health, so I may need to head out and get a brush roll. I wish I had the sewing prowess to create my own brush roll, but unfortunately, it is not within my skill range.
- NARS Aqua Gel Hydrator ($76.00) is pricey, but I adore, ADORE NARS’ Hydrating Moisture Cream (which I am well-behind on raving about in a real review). I really want to try the rest of NARS’ skincare line, because I am so satisfied with the one product I’ve tried thus far. Anyone plunk down the change for this baby find it well worth the pennies?
- Chanel Facettes d’Or in Gold Fever ($50.00) is so gorgeous in person and just to look at. I think I might need to try it on at the counter, rather than purchase and hope to ward off any buyer’s remorse. It’s quite lovely, but I’m not exactly sure if it’ll be nearly so pretty on my cheeks (well, more like, whether it’ll show up and add anything to them).
- MAC Select Tint SPF 15 ($25.00) sounds perfect for my upcoming beach vacation (I think… I get so homesick when I leave, LOL). I’d like to try out some lighter weight foundations for easy application and when I really don’t need to wear Studio Fix Fluid (though I’ll probably end up doing so anyway). Do you have a favorite tinted moisturizer?
- Kiehl’s Brightening Botanical Hydrating Mask ($40.00) was recently launched, and it does seem to have good reviews so far. I’m very interested to see how it will improve my skin, and I hope to get my hands on it soon!