5 Beautiful Brown Nail Polishes
Not taupe, not beige, but five beautiful variations on brown.
What’s your favorite brown nail polish?
Nail Lacquers:: Edyta, Julieanne, Cheryl
Oh… So… Wicked
Zoya Wicked Collection ($36.00 for all 6, or $7 each) is one of two fall collections from Zoya. It contains six shades:
Edyta (complex mixture of gold, olive, blue-green, and smoky grey with a sparkling metallic finish), Julieanne (unique purple sparkles with gold, peach, and yellow-green duochrome in a dark blue-purple base), Cheryl (smoky brown base completely packed with metallic copper, gold, and mahogany metallic microglitter), Karina (cool medium crimson red with swirls of pink, gold, and red foil metallic glitter), Carrie Ann (light warm scarlet red with copper, gold and pink-red foil metallic glitter), Kym (antique copper base with gold, copper, and pink reflective metallic sparkles).
- Edyta is a tarnished, deep green with gold and green micro-shimmer. At first glance, it seems similar to Nubar Verde, but the latter is significantly greener–much more forest green. Just two coats.
- Julieanne is a deep violet purple with blue undertones and gold and glowing violet shimmer flecks. Two coats.
- Cheryl is a darkened chocolate brown base with warmer, amber and copper shimmer. It looks very rich and luxe. Two coats.
- Karina is a ruby red with flecks of scarlet and ruby shimmer–more blue-based. Two coats.
- Carrie Ann is a brightened cherry red with fiery red shimmer–more orange-based. Two coats.
- Kym is a pinked/mauvey brown with gold and bronze shimmer. Almost metallic. Two coats.
The formula is just as you’d expect from Zoya: smooth, nicely pigmented, and dries down beautifully. The colors are very true-to-bottle, and I had no issues with application whatsoever.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: Excellent pigmentation for all six shades, easy to apply, and none needed more than two coats for a smooth, opaque finish. If you see a color you like, I think you’ll be happy with it.