Nail Lacquers:: Kelly, Stacy, Burke
Less Wicked, More Wonderful
Zoya Wonderful Collection ($36.00 for all 6, or $7 each) is second of two fall collections from Zoya. It contains six shades: Kelly (rich gray shade with soft purple and blue undertones), Stacy (dark raspberry creme with purple and wine undertones), Burke (soft, dusty light red mulberry with very subtle brick and mauve tones), Kristi (pure, true crisp medium red cream with no strong warm or cool undertones), Cola (warm light brown cream with strong terracotta undertones), Shawn (warm, mossy yellow-toned medium green cream with olive undertones).
- Kelly is a smoky, grayish blue that looks stormy and smoky at the same time. It’s not gray, it’s not blue, it’s not purple – it’s some variation that includes all three. Two coats.
- Stacy is a dark burgundy wine–very vampy and dark. I like that it still looks like a wine; it never looks so dark that you can’t distinguish it from black. Two coats.
- Burke is a softened berry red. I’ve seen this look dustier in other swatches, but it comes out pretty red for me. Two coats.
- Kristi is a bright pop of neutral cherry red. Very close to pure/true red. Two coats.
- Cola is a red-toned medium-dark brown–kind of reminds me of what cola looks like when it stains a white shirt, ha.
- Shawn is a dark, mossy green with yellow undertones. Two coats.
All six have a cream finish, so there is absolutely no shimmer or glitter in these. They dry down to a slightly glossy finish, but I always finish with a top coat in a regular manicure, though. I didn’t need more than two coats for crisp, opaque color, and each shade was a dream to apply–pigmented, smooth, and even. There really isn’t anything to complain about — either you love the colors or you don’t, but the formula will not disappoint! My must-haves from this collection would be Kelly and Shawn.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 30/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: Excellent pigmentation for all six shades, easy to apply, and none needed more than two coats for a smooth, opaque finish. If you see a color you like, I think you’ll be happy with it.