Five Minute Looks: Green & Greener
I was in a rush yesterday, but I wanted to play with some new makeup–I was desperate to do a look with YSL’s Slate Green. The nearest to it was MAC’s Sweet & Punchy and my new Make Up Forever Aqua Creams… and thus, this look was created! Lashes are a lil’ funky, because I applied Barelash mascara on ‘em about an hour prior.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #13 Aqua Cream (warm beige base), MAC Sweet & Punchy Eyeshadow (chartreuse), YSL #5 Slate Green Eyeshadow (dark forest green), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlight), MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (black), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Aqua Cream (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Make Up For Ever #5 Aqua Cream (peachy-pink), Dior Satin Peach Ultra Gloss (peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 130 (dense stippling brush)
- Substitutes: Sweet & Punchy = Sour Lemon
For eyes, start by applying #13 aqua cream as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Sweet & Punchy eyeshadow on the lower lid. Next, apply #5 Slate Green eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and onto the outer lid. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Black Black pencil on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply #5 aqua cream to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 130.
For lips, apply #5 aqua cream first, and then layer Satin Peach ultra gloss for a complementing lip.