Bobbi Brown @ Yigal Azrouel
Inspired by a collection rich in texture, the makeup for the Fall 2010 Yigal Azrouel collection is about the texture of the skin. Chic, yet effortless, skin is bronzed with emphasis on cheeks, and eyes are softly defined in beige and brown tones. Nude lips complete a fairly monotone, natural look, with the exception of a strong, linear, defined brow.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)
- Eyes: Suede Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($22) all over lid, Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink ($21) applied lightly and smudged on upper and lower lashline
- Cheeks: Bronzing Powder ($40)
- Lips: Hot Cocoa and Salmon Lip Color ($22 each)
- Brows: Clean and brushed up with a touch of Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Sepia Ink ($21)
AVEDA @ Yigal Azrouel
The hair for Yigal Azrouël is a sleek take on an edgy, punk-rock look. The top is textured with tousled volume, and the sides are smooth, and slicked back, with a straight-yet-messy knot at the nape of the neck.
Get the Look
- Step 1: Dampen hair with water and brush through.
- Step 2: Divide hair into four sections: the bottom hangs loose, side sections along the parietal ridge (from ear to ear) are each pulled back with clips, and the top/front of hair is clipped into a loose bun.
- Step 3: Spritz the bottom section of hair with water, keeping ends dry. Massage a generous amount of Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme into wet half of hair to add texture, light hold, and minimize flyaways. Layer Aveda Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade over the Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme for shine and moisture. Comb hair through, leaving ends dry, and tie into a clean, tight ponytail with a bungee elastic.
- Step 4: Divide the ponytail into small sections and straighten each piece using a flat-iron, from elastic to ends. Once each piece is straightened, run the flat-iron through the entire ponytail to create a perfectly straight, sleek edge.
- Step 5: Repeat the above steps with side sections of hair. Layer Aveda Light Elements™ Texturing Creme and Aveda Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade on the top half of hair, leaving ends dry. Slick sides back tightly, criss-crossing the right section of hair over the existing ponytail and wrapping it under the elastic string. Wrap the left section of hair over the elastic, so that the string is no longer visible.
- Step 6: Secure a clear elastic band over the entire section to form a larger ponytail. Iron new pieces for a straight, sleek pony.
- Step 7: Remove top section of hair from clip. Spritz with water, leaving ends dry, and rake hair back with Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme and Aveda Brilliant™ Humectant Pomade. Hair is damp, rough and textured.
- Step 8: Pull all hair back, including top section, into one ponytail. Secure together with a clear elastic through. Straighten new pieces of ponytail with a flat-iron so that the entire pony is stick-straight.
- Step 9: Wrap a final clear elastic around the ponytail and pull hair halfway through into a loose chignon. Leave pieces of hair astray to add rough texture, creating a punk-rock, edgy look.
- Step 10: Finish by smoothing flyways above the elastic with Aveda Light Elements™ Texturizing Creme and misting slicked back sides with water.
See more pictures AND video… Continue reading →