Dare to Wear Look: Yellow, Coral, Red
If there is one beauty lesson I cannot seem to learn is to remove mascara before doing a look! Argh! I always do this — have mascara on for some other purpose, decide to do a look, but don’t want to waste time (aka being lazy) removing mascara and then waiting for the area to dry (don’t want to apply eyeshadow base on top of remover… counterproductive!)… and then the mascara looks all clumpy and yuck at the end. No more being lazy!
I did upper lash liner because I know some will be disappointed otherwise if they saw this look sans the liner. I was just playing around with the combo last night anyway, so removing it after ten minutes wasn’t going to break my heart so it worked out 🙂 Well, except for the minor swelling this AM, lol!
You can easily pair this look with a toned down coral, pink, or even nude lip. I went for the gusto and used Gimme That! but it’s not necessary.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Going Bananas Eyeshadow (light yellow), MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow (pinky coral), MAC Louder, Please Eyeshadow (pinky red), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner (black), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Korres #15 Natural Blush (neutral brown), theBalm Mary Lou-manizer (highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Gimme That! Dare to Wear Lipglass (bright pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Going Bananas = Goldmine + Nylon; Louder, Please = Passionate; Gimme That! = Funtabulous
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Going Bananas eyeshadow on the lower half of the lid. Lightly blend Free to Be eyeshadow on the middle of the lid, horizontally, with the 239. Apply Louder, Please eyeshadow on the outer half of the crease with the 239 and lightly blend upwards. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Zero liner on the lower lash line and Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lash line with the 208. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara. Add false lashes if desired.
For cheeks, apply #15 Natural blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Mary Lou-manizer on the cheekbones.
For lips, apply Gimme That! lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
Video Tutorial: Sunset Eyes with Spring Colour Forecast
For the next few days, I’m experimenting with a new format/way of doing video tutorials that still gives you some live-action footage but doesn’t add much time to my normal routine. (Sometimes I tell myself, “If I didn’t have school, that would free up like 48 hours of my week!”)
What I’m trying to do is record myself doing my makeup that I’d normally do and then just take still photos of and post on the blog–so these looks are not practiced or planned. It’s me going with the flow. I’d like to call these “Quick & Dirty” Tutorials, if you will, because that’s exactly what they are… quick, minimalist, and maybe even a little unpolished.
I’m hoping that there is still value in them–so I would love to hear your feedback. As much as I would love to do more full-on, ultra detailed video tutorials, my schedule is such that I just can’t keep up, so I am really trying to find a way to meet all of your requests the best I can.
The original look and all of the photos can be found here.
You will need the following…
Sunset Eyes: Spring Colour Forecast Style
Yet another look from Spring Colour Forecast… I imagine I’ll squeeze in a few more before we’re onto Riveting! Speaking of onto the next thing, I won’t be able to get the new Viva Glam lipsticks up until later today (because I have class most of the day), but I hope to get them up today at some point. Sorry 🙁 I completely scheduled my classes around MAC launch days (Thursdays), but Viva Glam got moved up to today… a Wednesday. Boo!
Anyway, just wanted to pop by with this look before I go back to studying my butt off for my statistics midterm tonight! 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Manila Paper Eyeshadow (white-gold), MAC Straw Harvest Eyeshadow (peachy orange), MAC Hot Hot Hot Eyeshadow(coral-red), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay El Dorado 24/7 Liner (gold), Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium)
- Cheeks: MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre (peachy coral)
- Lips: MAC Bronzilla Lipstick (metallic bronze), MAC Kumquat Lipglass (sheer orange-coral)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Manila Paper = Nylon; Straw Harvest = Motif; Hot Hot Hot = Rule + Red Brick; Ripe Peach = Springsheen; Bronzilla = Bronze Shimmer; Kumquat = Lychee Luxe
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Manila Paper eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Straw Harvest eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Hot Hot Hot eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Hot Hot Hot eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Straw Harvest eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying El Dorado eyeliner on the lower lash line and Zero eyeliner on the lower waterline. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Ripe Peach blush ombre to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Bronzilla lipstick first, and then layer Kumquat lipglass for a complementing lip.