Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box ($30.00) contains six 0.03 oz. eyeshadows, a miniature sized Primer Potion (0.13 fl.oz.), and miniature sized Zero 24/7 Eye Pencil (0.03 oz.).
The palette contains…
- Snatch is a peachy-pink champagne kind of shade. It reminded me a bit of MAC’s Say Yeah eyeshadow, which was limited edition from eons ago. I felt like Snatch was very glittery, though, so fall out may be a concern for some. It didn’t feel as gritty as Midnight Cowboy Rides Again from their Book of Shadows, Vol. II.
- Mildew is a medium-dark forest green with golden green shimmer weaved through it. It’s very pretty, and it’s perfect for the fall.
- Flash is a bright, cool-toned violet purple with an icy purple sheen.
- Painkiller is a bright, lightened blue-based teal with a silvery sheen. It reminded me a bit of Flipside 24/7 Eye Pencil.
- Smog is a neutral-warm bronzy brown. It’s pretty, but you may already have something like it in your stash. It’s a good kind of shade to own, as it makes for a wonderful smoked out neutral eye.
- Toasted is a cool-toned taupe brown with softer brown shimmer.
This palette contains some nice shades, and only one of them (Snatch) had a texture that left something to be desired. The other five were soft and went on very pigmented. While I like the shades, I don’t think this is the most original combination of colors, and I’m not sure if you’d find it hard to create color combinations within just these six. I can definitely spot a few, but you’ll need to use a separate highlighter–Snatch is a bit too pigmented and glittery to serve as really a choice highlighter. In a pinch, you could work it in, though.
Between this and the Book of Shadows, I’d opt for the Book of Shadows. It’s pricier ($18 more), but you’ll get more shadows, more color combinations, and more use out of it, per my opinion. I do like that it does come with a miniature UDPP – great for travel. I personally have so many miniature sized Zeros that I don’t know if I’ll ever run out of Zero, so maybe a fun colored liner would have been nice to include in it.
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’re a fan of Urban Decay’s palettes, this is a cute little set, but make sure you have a separate highlighter on hand.
Availability: Urban Decay
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →