The Way It was MEANT to Be: So Neutral!
Okay, so I’m pretty the Urban Decay Naked Palette was designed with neutral looks in mind, not so much the ultra smoky look I did yesterday. So this neutral look follows that smokier look up as a quick, work-safe alternative made easy by that palette.
Happy weekend everyone!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow (light champagne beige), Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow (matte medium brown), Urban Decay Darkhorse Eyeshadow (dark chocolate brown), MAC Grain Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Whiskey 24/7 Liner (red-brown), Bobbi Brown Denim Extreme Party Mascara (blue)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Plum Attraction Blush (deep plum)
- Lips: Chanel Emotive (#68) Rouge Allure Lipstick (red-wine), Urban Decay Perversion Lip Junkie (purple-gray)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 208 (thin, angled brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Naked eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and feather above the natural crease until it fades. Next, apply Virgin eyeshadow all over the lower lid with the 239. Define the crease with Darkhorse eyeshadow using the 219, and then lightly blend Naked eyeshadow softly over it with the 226. Blend Grain eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Whiskey liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Plum Attraction blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Emotive lipstick first, and then layer Perversion lip junkie for a complementing lip.
Urban Decay Lip Junkies: Midnight Cowboy, Naked, Runaway, Jilted, Perversion
Five Shimmery Shades from Urban Decay
Now, part two of new Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss ($19.00 for oz.)! This post features the shades: Midnight CowboyNaked (pink nude with pink shift), Runaway (shimmering deep coral), Jilted (hot pink with blue shift), and Perversion (sheer sparkling obsidian). (shimmering beige),
- Midnight Cowboy is a sheer, pale champagne-shimmered gloss. It really has no color, but it adds some shimmer to lips.
- Naked is a lightened peach-pink base with nearly iridescent pink micro-shimmer. The shimmer in this gloss felt smaller than Midnight Cowboy, and it has more of a reflective quality to it. This seems to be a your-lips-but-better kind of gloss–not a ton of color, some shimmer.
- Runaway is a semi-sheer, light coral with white shimmer. The shimmer here is average in size and like Midnight Cowboy’s. This one delivered more color on lips as well.
- Jilted is a semi-sheer fuchsia-pink with iridescent fuchsia-purple shimmer and a very glossy finish. It’s like a jelly pink base with pretty shimmer in it. It added more pink to my lips, but it’s a very wearable shade–don’t let the tube fool you.
- Perversion is a blackened plum with almost silver shimmer. Like most dark glosses, it does settle into lip lines and may bleed on those who find themselves prone to bleeding lip color (I didn’t experience it myself). The color is semi-opaque, but it’s not an opaque black gloss at all, so never fear the way a product looks in the tube–at least not until you swatch it. Oh, and this will make your teeth look a little yellow.
Make sure you’ve read part one to get a full review of the formula and all that jazz!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 25/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: This is a solid gloss, but I don’t think it’s necessarily groundbreaking, you know? It’s another good lip gloss that’s non-sticky, smells nice (much better than the creme brulee scent typical to Urban Decay lip products), and feels lovely on the lips.
AVAILABILITY: June 29th @ UrbanDecay.com; August 1st @ Sephora, ULTA, Macy’s, and Beauty.com