Dangerous Palette: Haight, Mildew, Virgin, Oil Slick, Rockstar, Gunmetal
Urban Decay Dangerous, Feminine, & Fun Palettes: Sneak Peek
Just launched, Urban Decay has three new palettes for spring. Each features six shades of eyeshadow and a medium-sized 24/7 Liner, plus a miniature-sized primer potion. I’ll have full reviews up tomorrow, but I wanted to at least get a quick palette photo and swatches. Each palette retails for $34.
See swatches & the other two palettes!
Smoky Eyes: Tarnished Gold
A tarnished gold, smoky eye… for school? Sure, why not! Let’s go with that. Wanted to post this before I ran off to class in a few… that is, if I don’t fall asleep before it’s time to go! Must. Press. On!
By the way, anyone else going to the Spring Colour Forecast unveiling party at MAC @ Valley Fair (in California) on February 2nd? I’ll be there at 7pm, so if you see me, say hi
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Wonderland (Maui Wowie) Eyeshadow (tarnished gold), Urban Decay Mushroom Eyeshadow (brown-gray), Urban Decay Mad Hatter (Twice Baked) Eyeshadow (dark brown), Urban Decay Jabberwocky (Oil Slick) Eyeshadow (sparkly black), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Stash 24/7 Liner (antique gold), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium)
- Cheeks: Chanel In Love Blush (soft warm pink), Guerlain Beige Lumineux Meteorite Powder (fleshy beige highlighter)
- Lips: Guerlain Beige Mousseline (#340) KissKiss Strass Lipstick (sparkling beige), Guerlain Champagne Pearl (#847) KissKiss Gloss (sheer beige)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Primer Potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Wonderland eyeshadow on the inner half of the eyelid. Next, apply Mushroom eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Mushroom eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Mad Hatter eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. To deepen the crease, apply Jabberwocky eyeshadow with the 226 into the crease. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Stash eyeliner on the lower lash line and Honey liner on the lower water line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply In Love blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheeks with a light dusting of Beige Lumineux Meteorite Powder with the 165.
For lips, apply Beige Mousseline lipstick first, and then layer Champagne Pearl lipgloss for a complementing lip.