I wasn’t too happy with the way this turned out (especially photography-wise, something was off!), but on the positive side, I did use a color combination I haven’t done in some time (or maybe ever, my memory is pretty faulty!). I was aiming to do something different than my norm when it comes to pairing colors together. I guess that’s one of the great things about makeup: you can apply it, and if it doesn’t work, you can always take it off in thirty seconds!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay Baked eyeshadow (bronzy-gold), Urban Decay Last Call eyeshadow (plum-mauve), Urban Decay Mayhem eyeshadow (dark blue-purple), MAC Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Gentle mineralize blush (soft raspberry)
- Lips: YSL Lingerie Pink rouge volupte lipstick (cool pastel pink), MAC Tres Cher! lipglass (mauve)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Gentle = Plum Foolery; Lingerie Pink = Snob; Tres Cher! = Nico
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Baked eyeshadow using the 239 brush. Apply Last Call to the middle of the lid, overlaying it with Polar Opposites. Darken the outer lid using Mayhem and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Femme-fi underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Lust 24/7 Liner on lower lash line and smudge it with Mayhem eyeshadow using the 219, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Gentle using the 129. Apply YSL Lingerie Pink lipstick to lips, and then top with Tres Cher! lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →