Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set
One Sweet Deal for Your Eyes
Urban Decay Ocho Loco 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set ($59.00 for 0.32 oz.) includes eight shades: Hustle (medium brown metallic), Junkie (teal with bright gold shimmer), LSD (navy with bright turquoise shimmer), Mushroom (taupe-pewter metallic), Perversion (blackest-black matte), Psychedelic Sister (bright purple shimmer), Rockstar (darkest eggplant), and Stash (dark green/gold). It also includes Grindhouse, which is a sharpener.
- Hustle is a medium-dark brown with subtly warm undertones and bronze sparkle and sheen. It has good pigmentation in a single pass. Chanel Brun-Cuivre is just a touch darker with a red undertone. Urban Decay Bourbon has less sparkle and a stronger red undertone. MAC Lord It Up is darker.
- Junkie is a blue-based teal with gold and teal sparkle. It has decent color payoff in a single pass but needs to be layered to pop. Tarina Tarantino Spark of Envy is greener and has no sparkle. MAC Undercurrent is exactly the same.
- LSD is a blackened navy blue with lighter blue sparkle. The color payoff was rather disappointing, and you definitely need to go back and forth to get decent opacity. MAC Petrol Blue is much, much richer and bluer. MAC Industrial is a bit lighter.
- Mushroom is a gray-brown taupe with a shimmer-sheen. The pigmentation in a single go is decent. Urban Decay Underground was the only possible dupe I could think of, but it is much browner.
- Perversion is a rich, deep black with a matte finish. It has good color payoff in a single pass. MAC Black Black, MAC Feline, Giorgio Armani #1 are all very similar.
- Psychedelic Sister is a medium violet purple with subtle pink-red undertones and a soft sheen. The color payoff was good, and for a purple, noteworthy. MAC Designer Purple is a smidgen darker and has sparkle. MAC Rich Purple is darker, less pink.
- Rockstar is a dark eggplant purple with burgundy shimmer. It has good pigmentation in one pass. Chanel Cassis is matte. Urban Decay Crash is very comparable.
- Stash is an olive-green with antique gold shimmer. The color payoff is really good in a single go. MAC Buried Treasure is slightly darker. Stila Moray is a bit greener.
If you’ve ever wanted to try Urban Decay’s eyeliners or you enjoy them and want more of them, grabbing this set is a brilliant way to go, because you’re getting $162 worth of product for $59. Grindhouse is the only sharpener I actually use; it’s a dual-sharpener so you can sharpen both regular eyeliners as well as the jumbo-sized pencils. I use it for Urban Decay’s eyeliners as well as any other eyeliner or jumbo-sized pencil I need sharpened. Each eyeliner is full-sized, and normally, full-sized eyeliners retail for $19. Not all of these shades are available individually, so if you want shades like Hustle, LSD, Mushroom, Psychedelic Sister, or Junkie, you’re going to have to pick this up.
The formula is good overall, though pigmentation tends to be mostly opaque, some shades do fall short. All shades in this set are buildable, so you can get opaque color if desired, just not necessarily in one pass. The least pigmented shades from this set were Junkie and LSD. The most pigmented shades were Perversion, Rockstar, and Stash. I usually get around eight hours with no fading or smudging with Urban Decay’s eyeliner formula, and I’ve been wearing them for years. All eight shades felt creamy and glided across the skin easily without skipping.
|Of all the holiday items from Urban Decay that they've announced so far, this is the best value, and the one kit I'd recommend putting on your holiday wish list.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|