Smoky Eyes: Kat Von D Memento Mori Look
Is it really Thursday? Already? I can’t believe it’s July 1st! I only have about a month left of summer (aka no school) — time flies so fast sometimes.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Benefit Tattle Tale Cream Eyeshadow (pale gold), NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Kat Von D Sugar Skull Eyeshadow (white gold), Kat Von D Peggy Eyeshadow (teal), Kat Von D Tijuana Eyeshadow (black-brown with gold flecks), MAC Brule Eyeshadow (highlighter), Kat Von D Black Metal Love Pencil (black with silver glitter), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent), Purple Lab Pearlesque Show Primer
- Cheeks: Korres #15 Natural Blush (soft peach-bronze)
- Lips: Urban Decay Indecent Lipstick (soft coral), Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Lip Junkie (champagne)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249, then apply Tattle Tale cream eyeshadow onto the lid as a color base. Using the 239, apply Sugar Skull eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Peggy eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Tijuana eyeshadow into the crease with the 226. Blend Brule eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Lightly tap Sugar Skull eyeshadow along the upper crease and then soften. Bring everything together by applying Black Metal Love pencil on the lower lash line and Sugar Skull eyeshadow patted below. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply #15 Natural blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Indecent lipstick first, and then layer Midnight Cowboy lip junkie for a complementing lip.