Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
Sometimes it can be fun just to experiment with your makeup, and you know when is a really good time to do it? Before you’re going to go to bed! After I finished photographing Urban Decay’s Naked Palette, I really wanted to do something using Gunmetal, but I wanted it to be different than just a regular ol’ smoky eye… so I thought, “Let’s try Half-Baked and Gunmetal!”
Then it started to give me this “night sky” feeling… and then I thought, “Maybe this would be really cool with silver eyeliner… I think I will try… just for fun!” Oh man, I was paying for that fun, though. My upper lash line was itching and watering so bad! I just wanted to get photos taken as soon as possible that I didn’t even realize the damage all that watering had done (removed the inner corner!). So, I ask that you excuse the missing piece of the puzzle and the bloodshot eyes!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Creep Eyeshadow (deep blue-black), Urban Decay Gunmetal Eyeshadow (blue-gray), Urban Decay Half-Baked Eyeshadow (copper), Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow (soft beige), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (medium blue), MAC Silverstroke Fluidline (silver), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Rose Temptation Blush (reddish plum)
- Lips: Chanel Rose Dentelle Rouge Coco Lipstick (soft pink), Chanel Rose Dilemma Glossimer (pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 208 (thin, angled brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Creep eyeshadow on the lowest third of the lid and pat across in a horizontal line (almost as if you were lining the upper lash line). Lightly blend Gunmetal eyeshadow above Creep eyeshadow to the crease with the 239. Next, apply Half Baked eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending. Blend Virgin eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant liner on the lower lash line, and then smudge Gunmetal eyeshadow on the outer third of the lower lash line with the 219. Apply Silverstroke fluidline on the upper lash line with the 208 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Rose Temptation blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Rose Dentelle lipstick first, and then layer Rose Dilemma glossimer for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Pseudo-Look: Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3″
All Warmed Up: Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland + Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Look
Brrr, it was FREEZING (!) today here in California. Of course, freezing here is 55 degrees, but I swear, it felt way colder! I was happy with how this looked turned out; I hadn’t initially planned on putting Wonderland in the crease, but it looked so much better when I did–I was so tentative applying it at first! I was like, “Oh man, I’m going to wreck this look by doing this…” But it worked out. So, don’t be afraid to try is the lesson learned there!
Oh! And I’m happy to say that I found my perfect shade in Bobbi Brown’s Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm — it’s light-to-medium. Medium was a little dark and looked a bit yellow-ish on my skin tone, but the next lighter shade blended perfectly.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion (matte yellow base), Urban Decay Muchness (X) Eyeshadow (melon), Urban Decay Oraculum (Half Baked) Eyeshadow (copper), Urban Decay Queen (Last Call) Eyeshadow (reddish burgundy), Urban Decay Underland (Flash) Eyeshadow (violet), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), Smashbox Liquid Liner Pen (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm (Light-to-Medium Tint)
- Cheeks: Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmerbrick (coral bronze)
- Lips: Bobbi Brown Coral Reef Lipstick (soft coral-orange), Bobbi Brown Coral Sand Lip Gloss (soft bronze)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: For MAC substitutes, try Melon Pigment (Muchness), Amber Lights (Oraculum), Cranberry (Queen), Stars ‘n Rockets (Underland); Femme-fi = Shroom
For eyes, start by applying Eden Primer Potion as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Muchness eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Oraculum eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Queen eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Queen eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Next, define the crease by applying Underland eyeshadow with the 226. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Penny eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by applying Liquid Pen Liner on upper lash line and then sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nectar shimmerbrick to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Coral Reef lipstick first, and then layer Coral Sand lipgloss for a complementing lip.