Deluxe Eyeshadows for the Luxe Lovin’
Urban Decay really outdid themselves this season with the sheer amount of new products they launched! With the fall comes three new shades of their deluxe eyeshadow ($18.00 each) in Freakshow, Ruthless, and Frigid. These are actually some of the first single eyeshadows for me — I’ve mostly just experienced their extremely high-in-value palettes they’ve put out All three shades are smooth, pigmented, and easy to blend.
- Ruthless is a champagne shade with just a touch of silver sheen.
- Freakshow is a deep, rich purple with a little bit of red tones to it. It has a cool violet-blue sheen.
- Frigid is a dark blue with purple mixed in and a soft, silvery-blue sheen.
Anyone else snatch these up yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Urban Decay: Oil Slick, Naked, Confession Lipsticks
New for fall from Urban Decay are three new shades of lipstick ($22.00 each). All three have a satiny, slightly glossy finish, and they feel very moisturizing on the lips. They smell sweetly scented — I think I detected a bit of caramel-ness to it, too. Ever since Urban Decay launched their lipstick line, I’ve always been a huge admirer of the creative packaging. I still love it, but it has to be some of the more impractical packaging I’ve come across, just because the label is on the “top” but the daggers are out of the bottom (which don’t stand very nicely). But I really do love it anyway. It’s just so beautiful to look at.
Both Oil Slick and Confession should be worn with a lip liner (clear or otherwise), or you could wear this with Urban Decay’s new Lip Primer Potion ($20.00). I haven’t yet tried it, but I’m planning to see how the two work together later on (and will definitely post some comparisons for you all, too). These two shades tend to settle into natural lip lines and may bleed, too, without the proper base!
- Oil Slick is a sheer, glossy black with small, silver sparkles. It’s extremely wearable–not necessarily on its own–when you layer it with other shades. Try topping it with a really rich red or pink!
- Naked is creamy, pinky shade with a little bit of beige to tone it down and gold shimmer to warm it up. Love it. LOVE.
- Confession is a sheer, glossy burgundy-wine shade. It goes on much brighter/lighter than it looks in the tube–so don’t be afraid of the near blackberry color it appears to be. (Actually, the transformation reminded me a bit of how Clinique’s Black Honey is!)
Naked is my new obsession, though. It’s absolutely stunning on lips. It’s totally my-lips-but-better (MLBB) and yet way more complex and interesting than just MLBB. It’s this glossy pinky color with gold shimmer/sparkle. I feel like I’m wearing a lip color that brightens my whole face without anyone really having a clue I’m wearing any. This shade really grabbed me from the get-go, even if it’s not necessarily a unique or eye-catching (hey, it’s no hot pink!).
Anyone else check these out yet?
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Urban Decay Ink For Eyes is creamy, eye liner goodness!
For fall, Urban Decay launched Ink For Eyes ($22.00 each), which is a brand new cream eyeliner available in six shades just dead-on perfect for the upcoming fall season. Urban Decay tells us their secret ingredient is Nylon 12, which is an ingredient that limits drag for a smoother, more precise application while it softens and absorbs excess oil. I put on Zero yesterday, and it didn‘t smudge or fade on me, so I’m pretty happy with the wear on these so far.
The packaging is sleek and edgy, with a peacock drawing on the cover of the gunmetal-gray box. Flip it open, and you’ll find a sleek, narrow mirror, a double-ended brush (smudge tip and angled brush), plus the star – a strip of the actual ink.
- Binge is a rich, dark navy blue. It’s blue without being bright, and it’s dark without losing all of the blue. It’s definitely more navy blue than black-blue, too. You can also go less heavy to get a little more blue to stand out or go heavier and get a deeper color.
- Empire is a deep violet-purple with a little bit of sheen/glimmer. It’s pigmented, smooth, and really creamy when applied with a brush.
- Demolition is a deep, dark brown. It’s not too warm–almost seems cool-toned to me–and intense. Very creamy and chocolately.
- Zero is an intense, rich black. There’s really not much else to describe it as — it’s really quite black! I am *all* over liners and mascaras that are this rich in black.
- Loaded is a medium-deep forest green with tiny greenish-silver shimmer. It has good color pay off, and I love that it’s noticeably green, but it isn’t bright or OTT at all.
- Pyrotechnics is a sheer, glittery base. It has multi-colored glitter and goes on mostly clear. Layer it over one of the others or underneath one of the others to add more glitz!
Of the six, my favorites would have to be Zero (for how pitch-black it is), Empire (because can you just imagine how gorgeous it would be with Fishnet layered on top?), and Pyrotechnics (love that you can add glitter in an easy-to-use pencil form). What are your favorites? Have you tried these yet?
See product photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Urban Decay Fall 2009 Product Launches
Ink for Eyes ($22.00)
It’s everything you want in a cream eyeliner! More precise than a pencil, more forgiving than a liquid, this super-smooth formula offers more control, play time, and buildable coverage than your average liner. Create razor-sharp lines or smoky bedroom eyes… the creamy formula and double-ended applicator make it easy. Try the angled liner brush for precise details, or use the smudger for blending and drama. With such a wide variety of intriguing shades and ways to apply, you’re only limited by your imagination. (Cheesy, but true.)
- Binge Midnight blue
- Demolition Brown
- Empire Eggplant
- Loaded Deep green
- Pyrotechnics Iridescent glitter, clear base
- Zero Black
24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils ($16.00)
- Paranoid Dark pinky nude
- Wallflower Medium nude
Deluxe Eyeshadow ($18.00)
- Freakshow Deep purple with red sheen (Shimmer)
- Frigid Deep purple with blue sheen (Shimmer)
- Ruthless Pale sandy taupe shimmer (Shimmer)
- Confession Deep burgundy
- Naked Creamy pink nude
- Oil Slick Glossy black infused with microsparkle
Check out what new Primer Potions they’re adding — plus Surreal Skin! Continue reading →