Look: Urban Decay Black Palette
Can you tell that I used four eyeshadows in this look? If you can, you earn a merit badge for excellent, discerning sight! Despite looking and even swatching relatively distinctively, when used, the eyeshadows look rather similar. Just kind of looks like an all-black smoky eye to me! Review to follow shortly. This was a really quick look really just done to test out just how much color would show through when used in practice.
I added all that glitter to give this look more va-voom… it was just rather one-note beforehand. I will say that Distortion over Deviant is stunning–more so in person as the glitter flashes.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion (matte beige base), Urban Decay Cobra Eyeshadow (black with antique gold), Urban Decay Libertine Eyeshadow (black with green), Urban Decay Black Dog Eyeshadow (matte black), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (medium blue), Urban Decay Distortion Glitter Liner (iridescent), Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Desert Rose Blush (muted pink)
- Lips: MAC Liquid Lurex Lipstick (iridescent antique gold glitter), MAC Pink Poodle Lipglass (bright pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Liquid Lurex = Tanarama
For eyes, start by applying Eden as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Cobra eyeshadow on the lower half of the lid and pat on horizontally. Lightly blend Libertine eyeshadow on upper half of the lid, patting lightly, all the way across with the 239. Next, apply Black Dog eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant liner on the lower lash line, then lightly pat on Distortion glitter liner on top. Finish by sweeping lashes with Inimitable Intense mascara, and then use Distortion glitter liner brushed onto lashes.
For cheeks, apply Desert Rose blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Liquid Lurex lipstick first, and then layer Pink Poodle lipglass for a complementing lip.