Bright Makeup: Lotsa Teals
Here’s a quick look I did using two of the new Benefit eyeshadows, plus one of Urban Decay’s new Stardust eyeshadows (to be reviewed in full later). Really loving the way Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush looks, though. Pain in the behind to photograph a swatch of it, but boy is it gorgeous on.
Is it really only Tuesday? I feel like it should be Friday. Not that I want time to go by that quickly, but it’s been a tiring week… and it’s only Tuesday!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Teal Pigment (teal), Benefit Shamrocker Eyeshadow (mint), Benefit Mermaid Eyeshadow (green-teal with gold), Urban Decay Atmosphere Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (green-gold), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Binge 24/7 Liner (dark blue), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm (Light-to-Medium Tint)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: Cle de Peau #26 Lipstick (coral), Benefit Zone Out Lip Gloss (sheer gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Teal pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Shamrocker eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Mermaid eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Atmosphere eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Atmosphere eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Binge eyeliner on the lower lash line and Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nude blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply #26 lipstick first, and then layer Zone Out lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Bright Makeup: Lotsa Teals”
Here’s a wintry wonderland kind of look! There’s not much to it, and I tried to stick with mostly permanent eyeshadow shades as well. I felt like I hadn’t done a blue-ish look in awhile, so I figured I should knock one out!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Electra eyeshadow (silver), Moon’s Reflection (cool-toned blue), Freshwater eyeshadow (medium blue), Deep Truth (dark blue), Prussian eyeshadow (matte navy blue), Femme-fi eyeshadow (highlighter) Urban Decay Binge 24/7 Liner (dark blue), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (bronzy), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy highlighter)
- Lips: Prive lipstick (baby pink), The Lap of Luxury lipgloss (nude)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Prive = Angel; The Lap of Luxury = Prrr
Directions: Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Electra eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Moon’s Reflect eyeshadow to the inner and outer portions of the lid. Darken lower crease and outer lid with Freshwater eyeshadow using the 226, then add Deep Truth eyeshadow to the crease and then deepen with Prussian eyeshadow with the 219. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Binge Liner on lower lash line, and then apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Prive lipstick to lips, and then top with The Lap of Luxury lipgloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Holiday Makeup: Winter Wonderland in Blues”