Valentine’s Day Makeup: Soft Neutrals & Pink Lips
So, opposite of the last look, here’s a very soft look one could wear. I call it Valentine’s Day makeup, but you could really wear it any time. I think it’s quite appropriate for a variety of occasions! I wore this to school on Wednesday, which worked for me; I was able to wear *something* but not feel out of place or too young. (I’m probably one of the younger people in my program.)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), (champagne pink), Too Faced Silk Teddy Eyeshadow (champagne pink), Too Faced Peach Fuzz Eyeshadow (peach-beige), Too Faced Cocoa Puff Eyeshadow (warm chocolate brown), Too Faced Teddy Bear Eyeshadow (dark mushroom brown), Too Faced Heaven Eyeshadow (matte beige), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (brown), MAC Plushlash (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Smashbox Paradise Blush (peachy-pink)
- Lips: Urban Decay Rush Lipstick (soft pink), Chanel Pinup Glossimer (champagne gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Silk Teddy eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Peach Fuzz eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Cocoa Puff eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Teddy Bear eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Silk Teddy eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Heaven eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Underground Liner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Paradise blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Rush lipstick first, and then layer Pinup glossimer for a soft lip look.