theBalm Cast Your Shadow Face Palette
theBalm Cast Your Shadow Face Palette Review, Photos, Swatches (Part 2)
This is part two of our review for theBalm Cast Your Shadow Face Palette ($44.50), which includes 16 eyeshadows (1.0 oz. total), two lip/cheek stains (0.14 oz. total), and one lip gloss (0.07 oz.. It is a limited edition palette to-be-related (late September/early October) and only 1,000 will be available (each one is numbered). Check out part one for the overall review as well as a review on packaging and the first eight eyeshadows.
- Woman, Woman is a softened forest green with golden shimmer. The finish is a soft frost. Urban Decay Bender is several shades darker, while MAC Humid is a touch greener. It’s a bit greener than theBalm Makeout Mary.
- Curtain Call is a pink lilac with a white, frosted shimmer. This is one of two shades I had issues with–it’s a little sheer in places, and the texture isn’t as smooth as the other shades. It just feels looser overall, like it doesn’t stay bound together. It’s a bit pinker than Milani Royalty and MAC Lotusland.
- Great Gonzo is a brightened sky blue with a white shimmer-sheen. It is bluer than NARS South Pacific and Inglot #415, but it is lighter than Make Up For Ever #83. It is closest to Make Up For Ever #118 but lighter.
- Kissy, Kissy is a medium-dark purple with very subtle red undertones. It doesn’t lean too red or blue, which is nice. It is less red-toned compared to Bare Escentuals Encore but purpler than Lancome Zip Me Up. Urban Decay Gravity is purpler as well. It is rather similar to theBalm All the Way Annie.
- Wild Child is a pale yellow gold with a soft, frosted finish. It’s a frosted version of Make Up For Ever #102. It is also quite close to Givenchy Lune Mordoree.
- Lab Coat is a creamy white with a high frosted sheen. It has a smoother finish but is similar in color to theBalm Envious Erin. Inglot #447 is a slightly cooler white, while Givenchy Lune Mysterieuse is warmer.
- Hiii-Yaaa! is a softly warmed-up beige with a metallic-frost finish. The color is similar to Cle de Peau #207 though less metallic. Urban Decay Sin is darker and pink-tinged. It is similar to NARS Delphes but has more payoff.
- Swedish Pancakes is darker peach-beige with a frosted finish. This was the other shade I had some issues with–it has a slight grittiness from the large flecks of glitter, but the color payoff was decent to good. It’s similar to Inglot #397. MAC Jest is a touch browner. MAC Naked Lunch is also a bit browner but closer than Jest. Urban Decay Sin is a tad darker.
Now, if you know me, the eyeshadows in this palette were far and away what would have driven me to purchase one. The lip/cheek stains are surprisingly effective, and I couldn’t believe how pigmented the gloss was. The stains are creamy and blendable without being oily, and they dry down quick enough to keep your makeup routine slimmed down but not so quick you can’t blend out the color. The wear was good, too — about eight hours of flushed cheeks. The gloss was mostly opaque with a nice shine to the finish and wore for three hours.
- Rainbow Connection is a brightened coral-red. It can be built up for more intensity, but when blended, it takes on a watermelon-like stain on cheeks or lips. It seems a bit redder than NARS Cactus Flower.
- Le Diva is a softened fuchsia-pink with a subtle blue base and silver sparkle. This one will emphasize pores a bit more, because it has a shimmery finish, but it will complement cooler skin tones well. It seems like it might be similar to Illamasqua Laid.
- Electric Mayhem is an opaque pink-nude with a glossy shine. It feels and looks more like a liquid lipstick than a lipgloss, though. It’s similar to MAC Super and MAC Lust.
|theBalm knocked this one out of the park--the shade includes neutrals as well as pops of color, while the finishes are mostly soft frosts and shimmers, there are a couple that are more semi-matte.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|