MAC In the Groove: Making It Easy… Really!
The trios really make it a no-brainer on throwing something together! Just use one and you’re good–totally convenient. A little unlike me, but hey… :) Oh… and… HAPPY FRIDAY!!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Making It Easy Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (soft beige, soft brown, medium brown), Chanel Cassis Eyeliner (plum), Lancome Definicils Precious Cells Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: NARS Exhibit A Blush (orange), theBalm Mary Lou Manizer (highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Naughty You Lipstick (berry), MAC Hi-Falutin’ Dazzleglass (soft melon-peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Making It Easy = Dazzlelight (soft beige), Soft Brown (soft brown), Arena (medium brown); Naughty You = Lustering; Hi-Falutin’ = Enchantress
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply the soft beige eyeshadow on the lower lid. Lightly blend the soft brown eyeshadow on the middle of the lid and into the crease with the 239. Next, apply the medium brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend the soft beige eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Cassis eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Definicils Precious Cells mascara.
For cheeks, apply Exhibit A blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Mary Lou Manizer on the cheekbones.
For lips, apply Naughty You lipstick first, and then layer Hi-Falutin’ dazzleglass for a complementing lip.
For many of us, Mondays can be tough days, what with the work/school week starting off anew. I like to motivate myself for the week by finding things I’m lusting after (usually beauty products–shock of shocks, I’m sure!). It helps me focus my energy on Monday mornings into the things I need to get done, and these little acts of motivation can also serve to be rewards later on down the road, if I accomplish enough of my to-do list, of course!
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer ($22.00) is one of theBalm’s newer products, and it is a a shimmery powder. It looks like it’s designed to be a highlighter, but the copy says it can be used as a highlighter, shimmer or shadow. All I know is I’ve heard great things about theBalm’s cheek products, but I haven’t had a chance to try them out for myself.
- Philosophy Beach Party Golden Girl Lip Shine ($12.00) is a summery lip shine, and if you know me… you know I love me some Philosophy lip shines! They’re really hydrating on the lips, give a gorgeous glossy sheen, and they smell delicious.
- Givenchy Poetique Blues ($53.00) just looks stunning in the promo photos. I haven’t seen Givenchy’s fall collection pop up on-counter yet, but it’s all available via Sephora now… for things like these, I’m so hesitant to buy sight unseen, though!
- Benefit Cosmetics Lip Gloss ($18.00) is Benefit’s latest gloss formula, and the shades look gorgeous. I haven’t broken down and purchased any yet, because I haven’t heard enough glowing reviews… What say you?
- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara ($25.00) is a new mascara, which just recently debuted at Sephora, designed to volumize and hold a curl. I’ve never tried mascara by NARS, so I wonder how this one will compare. The price is a little steep for my liking, though. At that price, I’ll opt for YSL or Chanel.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24.00) seem to be right up my alley. I know the beauty world is buzzin’ about Illamasqua (both good and bad), but I am really anxious to see these for myself. Chasm, Conquer, and Involve all look like shades I’d love. Those of you in the UK or in NYC, love ‘em or leave ‘em?
- TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System ($225.00) is something that appeals to my inner beauty-gadget-geek. I love tech-y beauty stuff. I imagine this could be kind of fun (A girl can dream, right?)
- Korres Guava Lipstick ($22.00) is tempting, just because Korres, as a brand, has been impressing me as of late. I’m quite eager to check out their color line, since their skincare is fantastic.
What’s motivating you this Monday?