Dare to Wear Look: Yellow, Coral, Red
If there is one beauty lesson I cannot seem to learn is to remove mascara before doing a look! Argh! I always do this — have mascara on for some other purpose, decide to do a look, but don’t want to waste time (aka being lazy) removing mascara and then waiting for the area to dry (don’t want to apply eyeshadow base on top of remover… counterproductive!)… and then the mascara looks all clumpy and yuck at the end. No more being lazy!
I did upper lash liner because I know some will be disappointed otherwise if they saw this look sans the liner. I was just playing around with the combo last night anyway, so removing it after ten minutes wasn’t going to break my heart so it worked out Well, except for the minor swelling this AM, lol!
You can easily pair this look with a toned down coral, pink, or even nude lip. I went for the gusto and used Gimme That! but it’s not necessary.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Going Bananas Eyeshadow (light yellow), MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow (pinky coral), MAC Louder, Please Eyeshadow (pinky red), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner (black), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Korres #15 Natural Blush (neutral brown), theBalm Mary Lou-manizer (highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Gimme That! Dare to Wear Lipglass (bright pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Going Bananas = Goldmine + Nylon; Louder, Please = Passionate; Gimme That! = Funtabulous
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Going Bananas eyeshadow on the lower half of the lid. Lightly blend Free to Be eyeshadow on the middle of the lid, horizontally, with the 239. Apply Louder, Please eyeshadow on the outer half of the crease with the 239 and lightly blend upwards. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Zero liner on the lower lash line and Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lash line with the 208. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara. Add false lashes if desired.
For cheeks, apply #15 Natural blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Mary Lou-manizer on the cheekbones.
For lips, apply Gimme That! lipglass for a complementing lip.