5 Must-Have Shimmery Blushes
This was a tough one, because I wanted to have diversity in color, and preferably, diversity in brand, too. ’Cause let me tell you, there were 239847234 corals I’d love to have included, too.
- Le Metier de Beaute Echo — coral-orange with a golden shimmer-sheen; lovely texture and wear
- NARS Taj Mahal — golden shimmered orange; lots of great warmth, plenty of pigment
- Benefit Bella Bamba — medium-dark pink with a subtle shimmer-sheen; very wearable, buildable
- theBalm Cabana Boy — shimmered plum; simple, wearable, beautiful on
- Tom Ford Wicked — subtly blue-based medium-dark pink with a shimmer-sheen; long-wearing and super soft
What’s your favorite shimmery blush?
5 Playful Plum Blushes
Plum blush can be used in a variety ways, from subtle to bold, so it can really bring drama to the face and create a look that really emphasizes the cheeks if one desires. If you have a cooler complexion, you may look for a plum with a subtle pink or berry tone, while warmer complexions may look for a plum with a subtle brown undertone. Or throw away the rules and go for the one that strikes your fancy
- Bobbi Brown Plum — rich pink plum
- Burberry Cameo — softened brown-plum
- theBalm Cabana Boy — shimmered plum-berry
- NARS Oasis — dirty plum with gold shimmer
- MAC Plum Foolery — dirty plum with a shimmer-sheen
What’s your favorite plum blush?
If you were using theBalm Cabana Boy?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
Kick Off Your Summer with a Cabana Boy of Your Own
theBalm Cabana Boy Blush ($21.00 for 0.3 oz.) is one whopper of a blush! It’s a muted raspberry pink with a subtle golden sheen that looks more luminous than shimmery. It’s plenty pigmented, but it can be sheered out for a subtler cheek, too (thankfully!)–definitely recommend using a light hand with this shade. The texture is soft, smooth, and silky. It applies beautifully and without a fuss.
It’s housed in a cardboard compact with vintage imagery. theBalm also gives you plenty o’ product–a veritable blush brick at 0.3 oz.–and you won’t have to shell out $40 to take advantage of the value, either. It’s reasonably priced as a high-end brand at $21 a pop.