Tarte Femme Naturale Eye Palette ($44.00) is an eyeshadow palette that contains ten different shades of Tarte eyeshadow from their fall collection. (Tarte also released the Femme Fatale Eyeshadow Palette with this one.)
- A pale champagne with slight sheen. This one is a paler version of the color next to it and has more of a frost finish.
- A champagne with the lightest champagne shimmer. It’s a soft shade, and it makes for a perfect highlighter within this palette.
- A subdued, semi-matte rose-mauve. I like this shade for two reasons: it’s a subtle way to incorporate a pinker color into your palette without worrying so much it may make you look like you’re crying; but also because I don’t see this particular shade very often. I also dig the finish.
- A sparkling mix of peachy-gold and soft rose. This reminded me of MAC’s Say Yeah eyeshadow, but a little dark, which is just fine in my book. Say Yeah was always one of my go-to shades. This one has the most frosty/glittery appearance, but I didn’t find it had a lot of fall out issues as glittery shades often do.
- A deep forest green with a little bit of a grayish tinge. This one had amazing pigmentation and texture–very soft, smooth, and gives you plenty of intensity without having to pack it on.
- A semi-matte reddish brown. There’s not a whole to say about the shade itself, but it doesn’t read too warm to me (maybe even cool, actually). It has really good pigmentation, and it is surprisingly not chalky for a shadow with such a matte finish.
- A light, peachy-brown with a frosty finish. This one is similar to the other neutrals in the palette, as it has that frosty look. It’s pigmented and feels soft to the touch.
- A chalky, cool-toned lilac-pink. Personally, this shade is one I’d find difficult to pull off on my skin tone, but I think those with cooler skin tones will appreciate it. It’s chalky, but I’d say half of it comes from how cool the shade is along with the matte finish.
- A plummy rose with gold glitter. This color is so stunning! It’s this gorgeous shade that I envision being perfect for fall or holiday. I love the way the gold flecks sparkle in the plummy base. This one wasn’t as pigmented as the others, but it still was pretty good.
- A rich bronze with gold flecks and a frost finish. This one has a very nice feel to it–very soft–and goes on like butter and has intense pay off.
- A dark, smoky blue-black with a gray cast. This one was the least pigmented out of the ten shadows, and it kind of dragged a bit when I swatched.
This is a solid palette that gives you a ton of product for under $50. Tarte shadows themselves are high in quality and still affordable. They’re soft, smooth, and they’re usually easy to blend. The only thing I really wasn’t jazzed over was the product’s packaging. It just feels tacky to me, and I hate that fingerprints get stuck all over the casing. The “rose” attached also presents some storage woes.
Each eyeshadow is 0.06 oz., and the palette itself is refillable. Tarte refillable eyeshadows retail for $10 a pop. The palette itself yields you a cost of $73.33/oz. whereas one refillabe Tarte eyeshadow will run you $166.67/oz. Buying these together means you get twice as much for half the cost!
- Product: 25/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 2/5
Recommendation: If you’d like some neutrals–but not just neutrals–Tarte’s Femme Naturale palette offers a good combination to get you started.
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Green Siren
Naturally Beautiful Cheeks: Green Siren by Tarte
Tarte Green Siren Natural Cheek Stain ($30.00) is a semi-sheer peachy-bronze with golden shimmer and a slight frosty sheen. Tarte really knows how to do an effortless cheek, because their cheek stains are always above the bar. Their latest shade, Green Siren, in the Natural Beauty Cheek Stain product line, for fall, is gorgeous. It is particularly flattering on those with neutral or warm tones, though it the shade isn’t overly warm, so it is still pretty and suitable for cooler skin tones.
When applied, cheeks look naturally glowy and look luminous without being too frosty or glittery. The product feels smooth and creamy and applies easily to cheeks without leaving behind any harsh lines. It can be easily blended out with a stippling brush like the 188. My only issue with the product was the packaging/applicator, because when you push the gel blush up, and then apply it directly from the tube, the blush gets pushed back into the tube. It was a bit annoying, and I think it’s something that could be fixed.
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 7/10
- Packaging: 7/10
Recommendation: This is a great shade to transition from summer to fall as we start to countdown the days of summer. It’s natural and beautiful, and it is hard to over-do.
Availability: Sephora.com, tartecosmetics.com
See swatches… Continue reading →
Tarte Fall 2009 Collection
Tarte has a pretty expansion product range releasing this fall. From makeup to skincare to concealer, they have it coming!
lifted™ natural eye primer with Firmitol™ ($20.00 US / $26.00 CDN)
Get locked and lifted™ with this naturally firming eyelid primer. The universal base locks shadow in place all day and boosts pigment payoff while Firmitol™, the proprietary firming complex helps tighten eyelids and the surrounding eye area to help give the affect of younger, smoother eyes naturally. Clinical results show rapid improvement in achieving a smooth healthy look in all participants via nerve synapse interactions (gamma-aminobutyric acid and botanicals).
femme fatale refillable natural eye palettes ($44.00 U.S. / $57./00 CDN)
- Top row (l-to-r): shimmering blush, iridescent smoke, shimmering violet, shimmering indigo, shimmering onyx
- Bottom row (l-to-r): shimmering light gold, shimmering copper-rose, shimmering deep bronze, shimmering jade, shimmering garnet
- Double-ended eyeliner: shimmering emerald and shimmering orchid
- Double-ended brush with greatness eyeshadow brush
femme naturale refillable natural eye palettes ($44.00 U.S. / $57./00 CDN)
- Top Row (l-to-r): shimmering buff, soft sand, golden peach, shimmering sage, soft sienna
- Bottom row (l-to-r): golden tan, soft petal pink, golden plum, shimmering cocoa, golden navy
- Double-ended eyeliner: golden bronze and shimmering auburn
- Double-ended brush with greatness eyeshadow brush
green siren natural wax cheek stain ($28.00 U.S. / $36.00 CDN)
Our most popular, award-winning product has gone au naturel! With the purchase of every tarte green siren natural cheek stain, you’ll be supporting Sambazon’s Sustainable Acai Project (SAP), a member of the Fair Trade Federation, which helps to preserve the Amazone Rainforest through forest conservation, improved living conditions and educational opportunites for communities in Brazil.
- Green Siren Golden apricot (New)
- Natural Beauty Sheer berry rose
natural beauty complexion collection ($54.00 U.S. / $70.00 CDN)
Achieve complexion perfection with out natural beauty kits. Exclusive to Sephora and chock-full of high-performance naturals, these limited edition sets not only leave you looking like a natural beauty but treat, protect and soothe your skin. Available in four shades: fair, light, medium, and deep.
- clean slate natural face primer
- the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer
- ReCreate natural anti-aging foundation with Wrinkle Rewind™ Technology SPF 15
- provocateur pressed mineral powder with SPF 8
- mineral powder bronzer
- New: foundation brush (synthetic bristles with wood handle)
dark circle defense ($32.00 U.S. / $42.00 CDN)
Get your eight hours of sleep in a compact. Unlike concealers that just lay on top of the skin this undereye corrector is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of eye puffiness in just 4 weeks. Finely milled light refracting minerals actually brighten skin to help camouflage dark circles, puffiness, redness, fine lines and wrinkles. Includes concealer brush. Available in Light-to-Medium and Medium-to-Deep.
reduce 24/7 natural lip sheer with SPF 15 ($14.00 U.S. / $23.00 CDN)
All the lasting power of a lipstick–with the moisturizing, high-sheen properties of a gloss! These budgeproof, moisturizing lip sheers with added SPF 15 give a “your lips, but better” effect that makes them perfect for when you want a kiss of color without looking overdone.
- Reduce Golden coral (New)
Available: August 2009 at tarte.com and Sephora.com.
See more photos… Continue reading →