5 Great Orange Eyeshadows
Here are five of my favorite orange eyeshadows! 🙂 I wanted to feature really orange shades — no melon or peaches here!
- MAC Rule Eyeshadow
- NYX I Dream of St. Lucia Eyeshadow Palette
- Sugarpill Flamepoint Eyeshadow
- MAC Red Brick Eyeshadow
- Make Up For Ever #5 Eyeshadow
What are your favorite orange eyeshadows?
Bright Makeup: Yellow, Orange, & Red
Does anyone else find it hard to get back into the swing of things? Whenever there’s been a disruption to my usual day-to-day routine (traveling for business, vacation, getting too sick to move, etc.), I just find it so difficult to fall back into my schedule! Grrr!
I’ll be heading over to MAC once they open (boo, being on the west coast!) to pick up the four missing items from Liberty of London and will update the review once I’ve done that. Who else is visiting their local MAC to grab some Liberty of London goodies?
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Sugarpill Goldilux ChromaLust (metallic gold base), Sugarpill Buttercupcake Eyeshadow (primary yellow), Sugarpill Flamepoint Eyeshadow (bright orange), Sugarpill Love+ Eyeshadow (nearly matte red), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (Honey)
- Cheeks: MAC Prim & Proper Blush (soft pink-nude), Laura Mercier Polished Radiant Creme Cheek Colour (champagne-pink highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Ever Hip Lipstick (orange-peach), MAC True Babe Lipglass (bright pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 188 (small stippling brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Prim & Proper = Tenderling, Ever Hip = Ravishing; True Babe = Pink Poodle
For eyes, start by applying Goldilux as your eyeshadow base with the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water). Using the 239, apply Buttercupcake eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Flamepoint eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Love+ eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Love+ eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Flamepoint eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lucky eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Prim & Proper blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight cheeks with Polished cheek colour with the 188 for a soft sheen.
For lips, apply Ever Hip lipstick first, and then layer True Babe lipglass for a complementing lip.