Sugarpill Cosmetics: Pressed Eyeshadow
Sugarpill Cosmetics also released nine shades of pressed eyeshadow ($12.00 for 0.14 oz.)–though you can find them all within pre-made eyeshadow quads as well. You can find a review of Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Love+, and Poison Plum here. The other five shades you can find in this review! The majority of the eyeshadows are vegan, but check the website, as they mark which are vegan (e.g. Love+ is not).
- Bulletproof is a deep dark black with a matte finish. It applies smoothly and isn’t chalky or powdery.
- Tako is a matte white. This one I felt had a little bit of a powdery look to it, though it was surprisingly good for a white eyeshadow. I don’t know if I’ve ever found a white that didn’t look a bit off on my skin tone, to be honest. It doesn’t feel powdery–just looks a little like it on my skin tone.
- Dollipop is a bright hot pink with a matte finish. This is one of those showstopping pinks, truly. I am not sure if I’ve ever seen anything quite this bright before. This is a retina-burning shade! Super pigmented and applies beautifully.
- Midori is an intense medium-dark green with a subtle shimmer. I actually can’t think of a shade that’s similar to this–at least not one that I own. Very pretty – wearable without being so intense or primary.
- Afterparty is a rich medium blue with a shimmer pearl. This is the only shade that really made me go, “Oh! This looks like…” (it reminded me of MAC’s Freshwater, but a little lighter blue). This one has a very distinct pearly sheen to it.
All of the nine eyeshadows applied smoothly and felt soft to the touch. They were intensely pigmented, and you didn’t need much to get to that high level of pigmentation. For those who aren’t so much into color, Sugarpill doesn’t quite have you covered–yet. I’m interested to see if Sugarpill will put together a wider range of finishes, color varieties, and the like in the future.
The packaging works for me. It’s understated and functional, but it doesn’t feel cheap (which is something I worry about with newer brands). It’s a circular, flat, semi-domed shaped plastic. It has a matte black plastic on the bottom half with a clear plastic flip-top lid. The lid has the Sugarpill logo printed (not a sticker!) on the lid as well.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love bright eyeshadow, Sugarpill Cosmetics might grab your attention!