Glitter Makeup: Stila Jewel Eye Palette Look
Just decided to have a little fun with Stila’s new glitter-tastic palette last night Didn’t have too much fall out — definitely apply less than you think you need, and then build up if you need to. (I tried two techniques – one on each eye; nearly no fall out on the latter technique!) It definitely has a bit of a wet look to it – very shimmering – but not so easy to capture in a still photo.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Blacktrack Fluidline (black), Stila Jewel Eyeshadow Palette (Black Diamond, Rose Quartz), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Beautiful Iris Eyeshadow (iridiescent purple), MAC Hush Eyeshadow (pink-toned highlighter), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Illamasqua Unrequited Blush (pink)
- Lips: Shiseido BE 109 Perfect Rouge Lipstick (soft fleshy beige), Le Metier de Beaute Dubai Lipgloss (sheer purple-pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. With the 249, apply Blacktrack fluidline all over the lid portion. Using the 239, apply Black Diamond eyeshadow on the eyelid. Next, apply Rose Quartz eyeshadow in the crease and slightly above with the 239. With the 239, lightly apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow into the crease to add a pop of color. Lightly tap and brush Beautiful Iris eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Hush eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lust eyeliner on the lower lash line, and Beautiful Iris eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Unrequited blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply BE 109 lipstick first, and then layer Dubai Gloss for a complementing lip.
Beautiful, Glittering Eyes with Stila’s Jewel Eyeshadow Palette
Stila Jewel Eyeshadow Palette ($32.00) is a mysteriously glittering, shimmering palette. When I saw the promotional images for the palette, I was definitely curious — who doesn’t love some glitter? (OK, I know a few of you don’t, but shh!)
I find myself at a loss as to how exactly to describe the texture and feel of these eyeshadows. They feel almost wet, but not really creamy and certainly not powdery. They apply fairly sheerly when used, though they can be layered for a slightly more intense look.
Since it has a bit of a creamy feel (but it’s sooo not a cream shadow!), I patted the Golden Topaz shade all over my lid, just to see what kind of fall out we were looking for. I wasn’t even concerned about staying power, because it wasn’t over a base, so I expected it to crease. Well, it didn’t. It didn’t crease after just having patted it on my lid for over an hour. There was also very, very minimal fall out (like I saw three or four sparkles). Typically, I find myself having to strategically apply foundation over glittery bits and doing all sorts of tricks to make sure my undereye area isn’t more sparkly than my eyelid.
- Golden Topaz is a soft peachy-brown with champagne shimmer/glitter.
- Amethyst is a medium dark purple with red undertones and soft golden glitter.
- Black Diamond is black with silver glitter.
- Rose Quartz is a light-medium rosy pink with silver glitter.
I was pleasantly surprised at Stila’s newest palette for the spring season. I just wasn’t expecting it to knock my socks off, and I admit I was totally expecting the glitter to fall everywhere. But you know what’s REALLY awesome about this? It looked like my lids were wet. The color really does look like shimmering water. Gorgeous!
Now, I just hope they’ll release another one of these, but with vibrant jewel-tones… say a deep blue, mermaid teal…
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 29/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love glitter and have always wanted glitter that looks like reflecting water… you have to check this out!
Availability: Sephora, Stila