Bora Bora, Rock Candy, Electric, Sequins, Royal
Stila Sparkle Liquid Eyeliners
Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($22.00 for 0.05 oz.) is available in eight shades: Bora Bora (sparkling turquoise), Rock Candy (sparkling warm brown), Electric (sparkling bright green), Sequins (sparkling black), Royal (sparkling electric purple), Flash (sparkling olive khaki), Starry (sparkling gunmetal gray), and Curacao (sparkling violet blue). I do not have Curacao, so unfortunately, it is not included in this post.
- Bora Bora is a bright, electric blue with soft silver sparkle. Make Up For Ever #5 Aqua Liner seems similar–possibly a little darker.
- Rock Candy is a medium-dark brown with khaki, bronze, and gold shimmer.
- Electric is a bluish teal with brighter blue shimmer. Make Up For Ever #4 Aqua Liner seems similar.
- Sequins is a dark black with silver sparkle.
- Royal is a medium-dark red-toned purple with violet and magenta sparkle. This was the least pigmented shade out of the seven I tried–it wasn’t as dense as the others, a little watery in the overall feel.
- Flash is a olive green with gold and green sparkle.
- Starry is a grayish mauve with multi-colored shimmer. I don’t get gunmetal gray at all here. It seems like it might be similar to Make Up For Ever #14 but it’s harder to call without a side-by-side swatch.
Stila’s Sparkle Eyeliners apply smoothly and evenly with excellent color payoff that requires no layering or build-up. I showed swatches of the very first stroke, then a second and third–never going back to get more product. The sponge applicator on these is thin and tapered to a dull point with enough give to easily maneuver around the curves of the lid but not so much that it is floppy. The formula is budge-, smudge-, and water-proof, as advertised, and removal went easily with both Lancome Bi-Facil and Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes. As you remove, the product will flake off, akin to tube mascaras.
When I reviewed Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners, I touched on some of the recent releases of eyeliners in the same vein as those, which included Stila’s Sparkle Eyeliners, too. Stila’s are different from the others in terms of color and finish–these are richly shimmered and very pigmented, but the formula feels very much the same. In the next few days, I will be doing some swatch comparisons where applicable and posting the results.