Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, and it is not written by Temptalia.com.
5 Great Beauty Products for the Price of Good
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils Anniversary Set ($92.00 but a $264 value) contains a whopping fifteen full-sized eyeliners–including six never-before-seen shades along with nine celebrated favorites. Though it’s a bit of an investment, for those who adore the 24/7 formula, it’s such a steal.
- Korres High Drama Antioxidant Color Collection ($39.50 but a $117 value) is practically a look-in-a-box kind of package–and I’ve always been impressed by Korres’ textures. Korres, in general, often puts together excellent value sets, from skincare to makeup to lip butters.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette ($48.00 but a $230 value) includes twelve full-sized neutral eyeshadows that are beautiful on a variety of skin tones, work seamlessly together, and have excellent texture and pigmentation. If you can track yours down, it is worth the effort–assuming you dig yourself some neutrals, of course.
- Philosophy The Joy of Great Skin ($85.00 but a $156 value) will bring you some of Philosophy’s most popular products in a value set that will kick-off any new year, new skin resolutions you haven’t started.
- Clarisonic Mia ($149) is, for all intents and purposes, the same device as the original Clarisonic (which goes for $195). I think the Mia gives people a chance to purchase at a slightly more palatable price tag, but it really doesn’t feel or seem any different than the full-sized version! (I know the “big” difference is that the Mia only has one speed.)
The all-new 2011 Jetta comes nicely equipped at a surprising new price. Which means, German engineering, more rear legroom, enough trunk space for just about anything and, above all, more looks from everybody on the road. It’s great. For the price of good.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Volkswagen via Glam Media for writing this post, not for the products mentioned in this post. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Volkswagen.
The following post is an advertorial.
Now that we’ve finally hit the hot summer months, it’s time to get your skin in show-off shape from head to toe. Pretty.Smart. has tips this month on how to prep from home — without touching your vacation savings. Beauty expert Nina Sutton is dishing the insider information on getting spa-worthy smooth.
You don’t need to dedicate hours to getting soft, smooth, and touchable skin. Who has that kind of time anyway? Instead, lather up in the shower with Caress Whipped Souffle Ultra Silkening Body Wash, which comes in two yummy scents: Blackberry Cream and White Peach Cream. Are you more of a beauty bar kind of girl? Then try Caress Velvet Bliss, which hydrates and silkens while infusing a blackberry and vanilla scent into your skin, keeping you smelling great all day long.
Nina also has a beauty bonus this month about how to get the perfect sunless self-tan. With her easy step-by-step downloadable guide, any worries of orange streaks and blotches – as well as sun scares and tanning salon costs — will be a thing of the past. Even better, if you want that tan to last, check out Nina’s video about body brushing. Then visit Pretty.Smart. for more summer skin advice and beauty tips.
One (1) lucky Temptalia reader will win a set of goodies to have a nice at-home spa experience! The prize package includes a robe, slippers, microfiber hair towel, Caress beauty bars (2), Caress Whipped Souffle Body Wash (2), Caress Velvet Bliss Body Wash, a lipgloss from Nina, and a copy of The Chic Mom’s Guide by Nina Sutton.
- How to Enter: Simply head on over to Pretty.Smart. and let me know what your favorite beauty tip was!
- Rules: All entries must be received by July 16th, 2010. Winner will be chosen randomly amongst those who have entered. One entry per person.
Congratulations to Tera!
The following is an advertorial.
NEWSFLASH! Did you know that maintaining smooth skin and healthy, shiny hair will make it MUCH easier (and cheaper!) to feel and stay beautiful? This month Pretty.Smart.’s resident beauty expert Nina Sutton brings us some little gems of hair wisdom that will keep your mane looking and feeling fantastic without draining your bank account.
This one is a no-brainer: use a good shampoo and conditioner.
We all know that great hair products can cost a lot of money, but they don’t have to. Pretty.Smart.’s product of the month and their beauty expert’s hair care suggestion is Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. This new hair care system from Dove helps reconstruct dry, damaged hair and gives some strength to your strands to prevent split ends and breakage. Best part – you can get it for less than 5 bucks at Walmart.com
Pretty.Smart.’s Hair Essentials also point out a ton of outside factors that can affect your hair and skin, and provide quick hair tips to easily control them. BONUS TIP: Watch the video below to find out how you can stop something as normal as water in your shower from dulling your skin and hair, then visit Pretty.Smart. for more hair advice and beauty tips.
One (1) lucky Temptalia reader will win a set of Dove Hair Essentials (includes Shampoo, Conditioner, and Daily Treatment Conditioner) and a copy of The Chic Mom’s Guide by Nina Sutton.
- How to Enter: Simply head on over to Pretty.Smart. and let me know which Hair Essentials video was your favorite by leaving a comment on this post!
- Rules: All entries must be received by May 31st, 2010. Winner will be chosen randomly amongst those who have entered. One entry per person.
Congratulations to Paige Allison!
The following post is an advertorial.
Pretty.Smart. is a new beauty program that will quickly become your easy and affordable everyday guide to beauty, skin, hair, and body care. Pretty.Smart. is a great source for beauty ideas, how-to videos, and new product advice. It’s kinda like a best friend who also happens to be a cosmetologist, stylist, and a frugalista. This means that with every monthly site refresh you’ll get budget-friendly ideas that’ll keep you feeling and looking great WITHOUT destroying your pocketbook. This year the program is hosted by Nina Sutton, who’s a wife AND a busy mother of 2 young boys. She also happens to be the author of “The Chic Mom’s Guide To Feeling Fabulous” - a book based on a REAL mom’s experience in the beauty and fashion industries. Basically, Pretty.Smart is all set to offer you new, PROFESSIONAL beauty advice for free, every month.
This month they’re featuring Spring Scent-Sations. Nina delves into how fragrance affects your mood, how you can feel fresh all day, and how to maximize the life of your preferred fragrance. This month’s featured products include Degree’s new line of body-responsive fragrances inspired by nature. natureffects©™ pairs anti-perspirant and deodorant in new body mists to create a “scentual” experience that heightens all of the body’s natural senses. Degree® Natureffects™ comes in in Olive Leave & Pink Pepper, Orange Flower & Cranberry, and Honeysuckle & Tea Tree Oil.
The Pretty.Smart. April 2010 edition also features Dove® go fresh Body Mists that will “wake up your senses”. Nectarine and white ginger provide a burst of juicy goodness to drench your skin in fresh moisture. Pomegranate and lemon verbena revive your senses, cool essentials (cucumber and green tea) offer a crisp, soothing scent. And the juicy, sparkling scent of grapefruit coupled with lemongrass offers a brilliant energizing aroma.
Visit Pretty.Smart. for new beauty tips every month.
To celebrate the start of Pretty.Smart., Temptalia is giving away a set of three (3) Degree Women Natureffects Body Mists AND three (3) Dove Body Mists to one lucky winner!
Scents from Degree Women include Orange Flower + Cranberry, Olive Leaf & Pink Pepper, and Honeysuckle & Tea Tree. Scents from Dove include Cucumber & Green Tea, Energizing Grapefruit & Lemongrass, and Burst.
- To Enter: Head on over to Pretty.Smart. and tell me what makes you Pretty.Smart?
- Rules: All entries must be received by April 18th, 2010. Winner will be chosen randomly amongst those who have entered. One entry per person.
Congratulations to Kat!
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Bloomingdale’s. All opinions are 100% mine.
Designer Your Own Tote with Bloomingdales & Rebecca Minkoff!
Bloomingdale’s is holding a Tote-ally Green design contest! It’s all about creating and designing a fun, reusable tote to make everyone’s life a little more green. You can enter between April 7th, and April 25th, 2010. Users can vote on their favorite bags, and the grand prize winner will be selected based on the 50 favorites as voted by users.
- Grand Prize Winner: $2,000 Bloomingdale’s shopping spree AND their bag will be produced by Rebecca Minkoff and sold exclusively at bloomingdales.com. (Winner is chosen by Rebecca Minkioff and a panel of fashion experts.)
- Runner-Up: $1,000 Bloomingdale’s shopping spree — the tote with the most votes grabs this prize.
- Daily Winner: $100 Bloomingdale’s shopping spree will be awarded once a day.
You can see my design above… THE MELLANATOR! aka Mellan on the bag, because I’m an obsessive dog owner like that He’s green… well, he’s sitting on a bunch of green, enjoying life, happy as can be… It’s probably one of my favorite photos of him EVER, so it would be totally rockin’ to see him on a bag.
I’d love to see yours, so link me to your entry in the comments!