Whole Foods Market believes it’s important that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body. They have an entire beauty and body care area in their stores devoted to delivering the latest and greatest healthy, natural beauty products for their customers. Their Organic Body Care Standards help to ensure the products you’ll find on their shelves are truly as organic as they say–all personal care products with an “organic” claim must be certified by USDA Natural Organic Standards and contain at least 95% organic ingredients. So when you see a label with “organic” on it, you’ll know you’re getting a product that meets their standards and isn’t just capitalizing on a trend.
To create this lip, I first lined lips with Mineral Fusion Graceful Lip Pencil (a warm rosy brown). Then I layered Dr. Hauschka Red Quartz (13) Inner Glow Lipstick, a soft warm red, on top. As a final flourish, I topped off the lip color with a layer of Mineral Fusion Dazzle Lip Gloss, a medium rose with hints of beige. Natural beauty doesn’t have to be boring beauty!
One of the hardest parts for customers when shopping for more natural and organic beauty products is that it can be difficult to suss out who actually means what they say. The government doesn’t currently require any labeling of organics in skincare, and this is why it’s incredibly helpful that Whole Foods Market has taken the guesswork out of the equation as the first major brand to make accurate labeling a requirement. Whether you’re looking for products for body, hair, skin, or makeup, you’ll find them at Whole Foods Market–and the brands and products they carry aren’t just throwing out buzz words; these brands stand behind their philosophies and embody them at the core. You’ll find brands like Gabriel, Mineral Fusion, Zuzu, Dr. Hauschka, Hemp Originals, and more.
For Northern California locations, Whole Foods is having a 30% Whole Body Makeup Sale from February 13th through February 17th. It would be a fantastic time to browse and get lost in their beauty aisles! And what better way to celebrate than with a giveaway featuring a basket worth $350 of Mineral Fusion?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don’t Let Winter Put a On Freeze Your Beauty Routine!
Every winter, there are a few things that always happen: I can’t figure out how to dress warmly enough–ever–and I get a little lazy about maintaining certain aspects of my beauty routine. There’s really no excuse for it (though mine is it’s cold, and all I want do is curl up under a heap of blankets with hot cocoa). This January, P&G Beauty has challenged me to not get lazy just because winter is here.
Increase Hydration for Dry, Winter Skin
If you are fortunate enough to have beautifully hydrated skin year-round that never seems to make note of the season, lucky for you! But for the rest of us? Make sure to switch to the right kind of products to help boost hydration and moisture-retention as the outdoor temperatures cool down and you start turning the heat on. You may find that the products that worked well in the summer (or even fall) are no longer effective for the winter. A good way to improve your routine is by layering moisturizing products–like ensuring your face and body cleansers are adding hydration and getting the skin ready to absorb your moisturizer. Oh–and don’t forget the sunscreen; just because it’s winter, doesn’t mean the sun isn’t out and causing damage to the skin.
- Keep a travel-sized hand cream in your purse, at your desk, or by your night stand (or all three!), so you can easily reapply as necessary.
- Pick a body moisturizer/cream that works for your budget so you can slather it on as much (or as little) as you need without feeling like you need to “save” it.
- Try a serum designed to increase hydration or help lock in moisture in the skin.
- P&G Beauty Recommends: Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash (preps skin for moisturizer) and Venus + Olay Razor (helps hydrate skin during and post-shave)
Have Happy Hair Under Wraps
Whether you keep your head warm with scarves, hoods, hats, or earmuffs, they can make time-consuming hair routines and styling a thing of the past. When we head indoors, off come the hats and hoods and scarves, so it’s still important to make time for healthy, happy hair that’s nourished and hydrated. Winter brings rain and snow for most of us, and it can impact hair negatively, so it’s important to look for the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair as it reacts to environmental changes. I look for more hydrating and restorative pairings and treatments. If you color your hair, try to keep up with your regular coloring routine, but if you’re pressed for time or don’t want to spend a lot during a season where you may not show off your hair as much, consider touching up roots only.
- Consider a leave-in conditioner or conditioning treatment
- Limit the amount of hair products you use that have a high alcohol content
- Use a dryer sheet lightly on hair to minimize the impact of static electricity
- P&G Beauty Recommends: Head & Shoulders Damage Rescue Shampoo/Conditioner (designed to repair damaged hair) and Clairol Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-up (used to touch-up color in 10 minutes)
By keeping up with our regular routines, we won’t have to spend hours (or days) prepping for a fancy night out, whether it’s with friends, family, significant others, or even for business. It also means that you’ll spend less time trying to fix major damage, dryness, and the like, as spring approaches and summer follows.
What is the one beauty ritual you let go of during the winter? I’m super guilty of going longer between shaving my legs and being inconsistent about applying body cream/moisturizer (which I’m guilty of most of the year, actually).
7 Quick & Easy Holiday Looks
P&G Beauty challenged me to come up with seven different holiday looks/combinations, and here are the seven I came up with! I really went from a quick, easy, and on-the-go perspective. These are looks that can start off work appropriate and then changed up in the evening by adding drama in select ways.
A Few Tips & Tricks
- FIND A WAY TO SPARKLE! Whether it’s your hair, lips, eyes, or skin, shimmer, sparkle, glitter, and the like are often on hand for holiday parties.
- QUICK STEPS FOR DRAMATIC CHANGE include swapping out eyeliner, adding liquid eyeliner, going for a darker/bolder lip color, putting hair up (or letting it down), and changing clothes/accessories. You can easily wear something casual, and then put on a dressier top and red lip, and you’ll look polished and elegant in minutes.
- RE-HYDRATE: After all the blow drying, styling, and products, I followed up with Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner (which I’ve given two Editor’s Choice Awards for best conditioner before here, because it’s such a great hydrator for hair).
- COLORED HAIR? Temporary hair color is best used the day before an event, while semi-permanent hair color, such as Clairol Natural Instincts, can be used a few days prior to your big holiday party. Permanent hair color can be done a couple of weeks prior. Remember, if you’re trying a brand new hair color, you may want to test-drive it a few days to a week before any big events!
The following post is an advertorial.
Celebrate 31 Days of Caudalie Cheer!
Caudalie is hosting the 31 Days of Caudalie Cheer Sweepstakes, which kicked off on December 2nd and will last through December 31st. Throughout December, Caudalie will reveal the prize for the day, and there will be two winners for each daily prize. So far, prizes up for grabs have included Hand and Nail Cream ($19), Fresh Fragrance Gift Set ($36), and Fresh Fragrance Zeste de Vigne ($36), and today’s giveaway is for Vine Body Butter ($26). There are many more prizes to be given away over the next few weeks!
To be eligible to enter, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 or older on date of entry. To enter, simply go to Caudalie, click on the current date on the holiday calendar, which will reveal the prize for the day and entry form. For full rules, see them here.
A little birdie said you’ll want to be sure to stop by and check out December 10th’s prize, which is sure to be exciting! Here’s hoping they’ll be giving away their Divine Oil–I have heard fantastic things about it! (Did you know that for every Divine Oil purchased, one tree is planted?)
EXCLUSIVE! Caudalie is giving Temptalia readers 15% off ANY order now through December 9th with code TEMPT12!
Caudalie began in 1993 after Mathilde and Bertrand Thomas met Dr. Vercauteren, a global expert on grapevine Polyphenols. Together, they learned about the power of antioxidants found on grapevines, and then worked to develop a skincare range that took advantage of the beneficial effects of Grape-seed Polyphenols. One of the brand’s philosophies is to create products that use the maximum amount of natural ingredients while respecting the environment and minimizing the use of preservatives (you’ll find no jars at Caudalie!). They’re also committed to such initiatives as 1% for the planet and reduction of waste by using recycled materials for their packaging and sales materials.
The following post is an advertorial.