SpaRitual Holiday Nail Lacquer
SpaRitual Twinkle Collection
SpaRitual Twinkle Collection ($10.00 each for 0.50 fl. oz.) may have been a holiday collection, but it’s still available for purchase. The collection has six shades: Blue Moon (midnight violet shimmer), Shooting Star (velvet magenta shimmer), Twilight (deep amethyst purple), Illumination (silver glitter), Break of Dawn (red sparkle), and Solstice (textured gold foil).
- Blue Moon is a rich, deep violet purple with multi-colored shimmer. It’s mostly opaque in two coats. ORLY Lunar Eclipse is brighter and has a lot more shimmer. SpaRitual Illume is dustier. China Glaze First Class Ticket is darker, less violet.
- Shooting Star is a darkened magenta purple with fiery pink and copper shimmer. It’s opaque in two coats. Urban Decay Xanadu is less pigmented, lighter. MAC So Rich, So Pretty is similar but doesn’t have the same shimmer. Nubar Petunia Sparkle is brighter, more purple.
- Twilight is a blackened eggplant purple with threads of burgundy shimmer. It’s opaque in two coats. Cult Nails Enigmatic is darker, browner. China Glaze Urban Night is similar but a little redder and has no shimmer. Illamasqua Baptiste is less red-toned, blacker.
- Illumination is silver glitter suspended in a clear base. I showed two coats for swatches. It’s similar to Nubar Star Sparkle and China Glaze Tinsel, though it may be a little lighter.
- Break of Dawn is a rich ruby red with copper and gold flecks of shimmer. It was opaque in two coats. Zoya Kimmy is more orange-based. Zoya Lisa has less dimension. Zoya Gloria is more muted and rose-like.
- Solstice is a bright yellow gold glitter with a metallic finish. It’s opaque in two coats. China Glaze Champagne Bubbles is lighter, yellower. Nubar Oro is very similar, a little more molten, and doesn’t have the glitter. SpaRitual Golden Gleam is similar but doesn’t have glitter.
The majority of the shades apply beautifully; really great consistency–not too thick or too thin–so there was even flow across the nail with good color payoff with each coat. Blue Moon was slightly under-pigmented with very slight visible nail line after two coats. The consistency of Illumination was a little thick, so it tended to pool around the sides if you aren’t careful (and I wasn’t). SpaRitual always seems like an underrated brand to me–their formula usually has a nice consistency, good pigmentation, and the wear is fantastic (I get a week with minor tip wear). I’m also a huge fan of the rubberized cap, which makes it easier to grip and paint your nails!
|SpaRitual always seems like an underrated brand to me--their formula usually has a nice consistency, good pigmentation, and the wear is fantastic (I get a week with minor tip wear). I'd rock these shades year-round! :)|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|