The Spring Season: Cooler Nude Lipstick Wrap-up
We’re winding down the Spring Season, and the best way to do that is by giving you a visual summary of all of the colors we’ve taken a look at in the past three months! This post features cooler nude lipstick shades.
- MAC may have a lot of nudes, but it definitely looks like you don’t need to own every single one to have your nude lips covered. #5 (MAC Creme d’Nude), #6 (MAC Fleshpot), and #7 (MAC Myth) are all quite similar–Creme d’Nude is sheerer and glossier, while Fleshpot and Myth have similar textures, Fleshpot is pinker, Myth is peachier.
- #1 (Benefit Lady’s Choice) and #4 (Korres #13 Natural Pink) seem to be similar, except Lady’s Choice has a glossier finish; #8 (MAC Velvet Teddy) is also similar to these two, but seems a little darker and cooler.
- Benefit Lady’s Choice Lipstick
- Guerlain Beige Mousseline Lipstick
- Guerlain Galia Rouge G Lipstick
- Korres #13 Natural Pink Guava Lipstick
- MAC Creme d’Nude Lipstick
- MAC Fleshpot Lipstick
- MAC Myth Lipstick
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
- Smashbox Charming Lipstick
Smashbox Charming Lipstick
The Spring Season: Smashbox Charming Lipstick
Smashbox Charming Photo Finish Lipstick ($22.00) is semi-sheer, shimmery beige with a slight peach undertone. I’m not exactly sure why Sephora describes this as a “nude pink,” because I didn’t see any pink in it. It was definitely nude and dare I say it, a little peach? Smashbox’s lipsticks also have a sweet vanilla scent, very similar to MAC lipsticks, though I’d say this is just a bit stronger (but not overwhelming!). It does run a little more on the sheer side, so those with more pigmented or naturally tinted lips may find it doesn’t do much for them once applied. I was able to build up decent coverage, but I wouldn’t say it’s opaque. It’s a subtle shade, which makes it very wearable. With Smashbox’s lipsticks, I get about four hours of wear — probably a little on the lower end of the wear spectrum for me.
Is this the right nude for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.