shu uemura’s Primitribe Collection is a good mix of neutrals and color. I absolutely adored the Painting Liner, which was creamy, incredibly pigmented, and easy to work with. The Primal Color Sticks were interesting, but without testing them at-home, I can’t tell you if they actually last at all. Unfortunately, the U.S. launch of Primitribe doesn’t include everything — we won’t be seeing Spinel, the pink painting liner as far as I can tell.
Primitribe Color Stick
- Rich Earth is a warm-toned, chocolate brown with golden shimmer.
- Night Maroon is a satiny burgundy-wine with more of a creamy finish than a shimmer finish.
- Blazed Gold is a warm-toned, yellow gold with lighter gold shimmer.
- Misty Grove is an olive green with a creamy texture and light shimmer.
Primitribe Mix Blush
- Echo is a blush duo of a pink-toned brown and a dark gold with gold shimmer.
- Rhythm contains a large section of rosy pink and a smaller section of muted, warmed-up light medium brown with gold shimmer.
- Soul is a combination of a satin-y medium-toned orange and a warm, medium dark chocolate brown with pale gold shimmer.
- Turquoise is a bright pop of creamy, blue-based turquoise with silver micro glitter.
- Citrine is an insanely bright, creamy yellow with a slight sheen.
- BG 942 is a creamy, mostly opaque peachy-orange.
- WN 296 is a dark, vampy burgundy-red with a glossy finish.
- P 980 is a pale, pastel peachy-cream with a frosty finish.
- WN 296 is a bright, fuchsia-red with pink pearl.
Available: August 2009; currently available in-store at Nordstrom and online at NeimanMarcus.com.
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →